Page.lua limit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silshadz

Feb 8, 2022
Hi,

I would like to know if there's a limit on the extensions we can call via page.lua? I tried to page 190 extensions but only some were dialed.

Last edited:

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
You may be hitting a FreeSWITCH limit, have a look at /etc/freeswitch/autoload_configs/switch.conf.xml
Code:
        <param name="max-sessions" value="1000"/>
        <!--Most channels to create per second -->
        <param name="sessions-per-second" value="30"/>

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
Adrian pointed out the most likely cause some were not called but 190 extensions in a page group is quite excessive.
Even if all phones are called, there will be significant delays for all of the phones to answer and receive the message.

For any site larger than around 20-30 phones that wants to page all phones, I typically use multicast paging to avoid the network bottlenecks of paging so many phones. Since our pbx is 'cloud based' I either assign the multicast features in the phone to page without interaction from the pbx, or use a SIP to multicast capable paging adapter.

hfoster

Jan 28, 2019
After consulting with a few clients who wanted ridiculous paging requests, we found a lot of them just didn't realise things like an ALGO SIP alerter existed. Mount one of those badboys on the wall and pump it to max volume and you'll page the entire county.

Reactions: Adrian Fretwell

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
After consulting with a few clients who wanted ridiculous paging requests, we found a lot of them just didn't realise things like an ALGO SIP alerter existed. Mount one of those badboys on the wall and pump it to max volume and you'll page the entire county.
Coming from old school telecom with actual paging systems involved, I'm used to all sorts of paging requests. A single loud alert device is rarely the answer but every once in a while it actually does the trick.

Silshadz

Feb 8, 2022
We currently have 190 of those: https://www.ntc-tech.com/product/benbria-blazepoint-ip-talk-back-speaker-8023af-poe-compliant_4341 throughout the building. Replacing those would cost a lot of money. The current speakers we are using don't seem to support SIP authentication. I have never seen a SIP alerter but im guessing that none of the recent ones will support anonymous SIP connections. The goal we are trying to achieve is reuse those 190 speakers at the same time has alowing us to use brand new ones so we can replace the ones that die. FusionPBX allows us to connect our old speakers and new ones just fine but the only isue we are facing is paging those 190 speakers at the same time.

hfoster

Jan 28, 2019
Yeh, usually all sorts of strange requests are because of 'We paid a lot of money for X'. I bet Adrian is on the money regarding FreeSWITCH sessions per second limit. You can watch it in the fs_cli with a 'status' command quite easily to prove this theory.

For what it's worth, we used to utilise a FusionPBX page (not a multicast) for just over 100 Yealinks and we didn't notice any of them cutting out.

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
The current speakers we are using don't seem to support SIP authentication.
Those speakers seem to have gone through a few different brands and are designed for what seems to be a somewhat proprietary "mass alert system"
It doesn't look like they offer a multicast feature from the limited documentation I ran across quickly but... they do indeed support authentication.
Code:
. Mitel (Blazepoint) Talkback Speakers are configured via a Command Line Interface (CLI) over
SSH. Any SSH client software can be used to access the speakers. The default
user id and password are 'bpadmin' and 'admin' respectively.
4. Once in the CLI the current SIP configuration can be retrieved as follows:
blazepoint> show sip configuration
extension: 1002
registrar: 192.168.215.73
expires: 600
5. Setting a new SIP configuration can be done in single command as follows:
blazepoint> set sip configuration extension=901
set sip registrar=192.168.1.25
set sip password=secretpassword
blazepoint**>
When SIP registration is successful, the green LED will turn into a steady, solid
color. At any point, the status of the SIP registration can be retrieved with the
command "show sip state".
FusionPBX allows us to connect our old speakers and new ones just fine but the only isue we are facing is paging those 190 speakers at the same time.
Back to Adrian's first reply. Your maximum calls per second are too low by default for such a large page group.

Status
Not open for further replies.