Phone not connecting to FusionPBX

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProFonex

Feb 27, 2018
I have a strange issue. I have a multi-server, multi-tenant setup. All but 2 phones are connecting to the primary server. I have had this happen with other phones, but it corrected itself within a few hours. But these 2 phones have not been able to connect to the primary server for weeks now. They connect to the secondary server fine. I have factory reset them, added them to a different tenant, completely removed and rebuilt the device. It started after an internet outage at the site. I see "[WARNING] sofia_reg.c:1792 SIP auth challenge (REGISTER) on sofia profile 'internal' for" in the log on FreeSWITCH, but it does not connect, and there are no errors that I can find. I cannot find why the primary server is rejecting the connection. I have restarted the servers, reset fail2ban. Nothing seems to work.
Thank you for your help,

Erik

Kenny Riley

Nov 1, 2017
Have you looked at the sngrep logs to see if the REGISTER from the phone is even hitting the primary server?

ProFonex

Feb 27, 2018
Kenny thank you for the reply. I completely forgot about sngrep. I see the REGISTER from the phone on the primary server. The primary server is responding with a 401 unauthorized. I compared the REGISTER statement from both servers, and the phone is not sending the Authorization string to the primary server, but it is to the secondary server. One phone is a Yealink T46s, and the other is a Yealink T42s.... As I was typing this, I plugged in the T42 to see what sngrep said, and it is now connecting to the primary server. I had it unplugged for the past 1 - 2 hours. Not sure if that is what fixed it or not. After some more troubleshooting, I will try it with the T46 to see if it will correct itself. Fortunately, these are test phones and not one of my clients. I would still like to find out why it happened and be able to fix it without having to unplug the phone for a few hours. I don't think that will go over too well with my clients.

Kenny Riley

Nov 1, 2017
I have seen instances where I get a 401 from the PBX when trying to register even though I have whitelisted the IP in Fail2Ban's jail.conf file and reset Fail2Ban as well.. In the latest instance of this happening, enabling rport on the device fixed it for me.

ProFonex

Feb 27, 2018
rport was enabled. I find it weird that the phone is not sending the authentication information in the request to the primary server, but it does to the secondary server. I also stopped fail2ban.

ProFonex

Feb 27, 2018
I unplug the other phone for about 1.5 hours and it is now connecting to the primary server. It is almost like something had to timeout.

Status
Not open for further replies.