Presence/BLF not working - no NOTIFYs from FS

Status
Not open for further replies.

guyh2

Aug 16, 2018
I have been searching everywhere for a solution to this!!

an example
2 phones 301 & 302 (301 is a softphone on PC 302 Yealink T28p)
Both REGISTER ok
Both can SUBSCRIBE to each other ok

but there are no NOTIFYs coming out of FS not an initial one (which I believe there should be from what I have read) nor any call status ones so no BLFs

manage-presence enable in SIP Profiles is set to TRUE and enabled

any clues please??

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
I have BLF working just fine.Is this a new install and you haven't tinkered with anything? It should work out of the box.

Reactions: cengbrecht

guyh2

Aug 16, 2018
Thanks for your reply ... sorry for delay had another problem tonight where the outgoing trunks do not seem to save their initial context & therefore do not get 'seen' by FS opening them and editing them (just a space & delete it) & then saving magically 'activates' them!!

Anyway, yes, new install (learning/testing for a bigger project) only real 'fiddling' has been to get Nginx working over ipv6 (for web interface & auto provisioning)

Domain is setup using NAPTR & SRV records

hardphone connects via ipv6 and softphone via ip4 but I have tested with 2 accounts on the hardphone & 2 separate softphones (on different PCs) and still the same behaviour (

Only time I get a NOTIFY at all is if I try and subscribe to a non-existent extension then I get a NOTIFY to cancel the subscription
Other than that the Subscription is accepted but there are no notifys sent regardless of the state of the monitored extension

I can't see any errors in the logs but I know so little about the inner workings, I am not sure where to look next
From what I have read, I should see a NOTIFY as soon as the SUBSCRIBE is accepted that one should have the current state
I'm not getting that, so I think that's where I should start

Thanks for any help you can offer

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Are you using Debian 8?? If the trunks are not saving their context you have a deeper problem that should be resolved. FusionPBX works quite well out of the box, what you are describing is not at all the way things should be working in a standard install.

guyh2

Aug 16, 2018
Are you using Debian 8?? If the trunks are not saving their context you have a deeper problem that should be resolved. FusionPBX works quite well out of the box, what you are describing is not at all the way things should be working in a standard install.
Yes, Debian 8 - pretty much straight out of the box and the Outbound Routes issue is completely repeatable
No, option for context when initially setup pressing the + key
No, context displayed when listed (& not working)
Go back and re-edit context appears in it's box automagically and also in listing and then works ok

guyh2

Aug 16, 2018
Only enable in internal profile with value "true"; others to "passive" if you must. Also dbname:share_presence, enable for internal profile.

Thanks for reply
Where is the dbname:share_presence setting? I have not got that listed in either internal profiles only external (where it is not enabled)??
Also have a presence-hosts setting in external and not internal??

I have NOT fiddled with ANY of these bits this is V. 4.4.1 (Commit: 90df1ca8a3fa9d9a254d375f6f39da1395e48004) on a minimal netinstall Debian 8.11 installed as per website

guyh2

Aug 16, 2018
Thanks for reply
Where is the dbname:share_presence setting? I have not got that listed in either internal profiles only external (where it is not enabled)??
Also have a presence-hosts setting in external and not internal??

I have NOT fiddled with ANY of these bits this is V. 4.4.1 (Commit: 90df1ca8a3fa9d9a254d375f6f39da1395e48004) on a minimal netinstall Debian 8.11 installed as per website

Looking here https://docs.fusionpbx.com/en/latest/advanced/internal_ipv6_sip_profile.html it would seem I have quite a few presence settings missing!!??

guyh2

Aug 16, 2018
I am now getting NOTIFYs on subscription

presence-probe-on-register setting is missing from the internal ipv6 SIP Profile - added it and set to true and that now works

I have NOT got dbname:share_presence in the internal ipv6 SIP Profile settings either so will try that now

Looking at https://github.com/fusionpbx/fusion...es/conf/sip_profiles/internal-ipv6.xml.noload (IF that's the right place) these settings are missing in the source ....

Status
Not open for further replies.