"providers" ACL

Status
Not open for further replies.

CreativeChicken

Sep 28, 2023
First post to this forum !

I've been working on FusionPBX as an alternative to 3CX. I spent a couple of hours diagnosing an issue where my inbound calls were blocked. This was strange as I had an ACL setup with my VoIP providers IP address range.

In the end I noticed a single line in my log file saying it was looking for "providers" ACL (the text was using inverted comma's) - while I had an ACL already I took a gamble and added a new ACL called providers, now my inbound calls work !!

Any idea why it would require a specific ACL called providers ??

whut

Dec 23, 2022
Providers is the default ACL that you have by installing fusion. It is intended for you to add your trunk provider CIDR. You may also create any additional ACLs for whatever you like: customers, replication servers, softphone applications, and so forth. I do not know why providers ACL spelling (formerly named domains) must be exacting. CIDRs in ACLs do become whitelisted.

CreativeChicken

Sep 28, 2023
Providers is the default ACL that you have by installing fusion. It is intended for you to add your trunk provider CIDR. You may also create any additional ACLs for whatever you like: customers, replication servers, softphone applications, and so forth. I do not know why providers ACL spelling (formerly named domains) must be exacting. CIDRs in ACLs do become whitelisted.
Thanks for the reply whut, I didnt see any default ACL on this new install (multiple new installs as I messed it up a few times), I did see some documentation list domains in screenshots that I could never find. I'm still struggling to understand why you would require the ACL to be specifically named something to work, seems illogical and unnecessary.

whut

Dec 23, 2022
Thanks for the reply whut, I didnt see any default ACL on this new install (multiple new installs as I messed it up a few times), I did see some documentation list domains in screenshots that I could never find. I'm still struggling to understand why you would require the ACL to be specifically named something to work, seems illogical and unnecessary.
I do not know the logic behind requiring 1 ACL to be specifically named. I would not rename the 2 ACLs that come with fusion by default.

It does not matter what you name any additional ACLs that you create.

Status
Not open for further replies.