SOLVED Provision Config Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluepoet

Feb 24, 2022
I am running FusionPBX on a Ubuntu Server. The phones that we are trying to setup are the GrandStream GXP2135. The problem that I am having is getting them to auto provision. I run a Ngrep command to see what is reaching out to the server and what is happening. I see it trying to get 3 files, which I am guessing it tries for file 1, if not there then file 2 and then if it cant find it, it will go to file 3. With my phones, its trying to find cfg"macaddress".xml then cfggxp2135.xml and finally cfg.xml. But I am guessing it is not finding any of those files.

For the config server I put the IP address of my pbx and tried the /app/provision and also with nothing in there but the IP address. I tried to create a folder under fusionpbx and also freeswitch call provision and put the files that it is looking for in both of those folders and changed the cfg folder to PBX ip/provision but that did not work as well.

Anyone know where these files should go to? With the listing of all the vendors and device manufacturers in FreePBX I would think it would know where to go automatically to get those files but that does not seem to be the case.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Have you created the devices in fusionpbx and chosen the correct template? Have you even checked provisioning is enabled in default settings?

bluepoet

Feb 24, 2022
Just trying to setup one device for now to make sure I can get it to work. FusionPBX I went to Accounts>Devices and added the one device with the MAC address, assigned it to an extension, chose the vendor and the template and have it set for enabled.

In the default settings I have enabled http_auth and http_auth password and username. I have also went into sip settings for internal and external and set the IP address for rtp to that of the server.

bluepoet

Feb 24, 2022
Well, I found in the provisioning area under the default tab a line item that just says enabled. so I set that to true and now it is able to pull the configuration files but now I have two other issues that are happening.

1) When it pulls the config file from the server, it changes the admin password to the phone and I can't figure out what password it is giving it or how to change it, so the only way to get back into the phone is via a factory reset so i'll need to figure out where its getting that information from.

2) Phones come up. You can dial to voice mail but you are not able to dial to another internal extension. It acts like its going but the other extension does not ring and eventually it goes to that extensions voicemail. So its like its getting out to the PBX but the PBX in return is not able to send the information back to the other extensions.

bluepoet

Feb 24, 2022
So I found the password that it is giving the phones, not sure how to change it because going back and resetting the password which if fine. So I think I will consider the provisioning part done.

Status
Not open for further replies.