Ring All - Tiers - How do they apply?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gflow

Aug 25, 2019
Hi All,

Question regarding call centre ring strategy "Ring All" and how the tiers apply.

If I had 4 tiers and set "Tier rules apply = true" and I had 2 agents in each tier.

Agent call timeout is 30 seconds

Tier wait second is 15 seconds

I want the agents in each tier to ring for 15 seconds and then go to the next tier, have only those 2 agents ring for 15 seconds and go to the next tier and have only those agents ring....

That isn't happening, what is happening and im not sure if this is the correct behaviour or a bug:

After 15 seconds tier 2 will start ringing but tier 1 phones are still ringing and will ring until the agent timeout of 30 seconds is reached.

By the time I reach tier 4 I basically have all the agent phones ringing.

Does this sound right? I'm almost positive i've tested this before and it's not how it worked but I could be wrong.

gflow

Aug 25, 2019
I've now rebooted the machine and it's now not taking into account tier levels at all and just ringing all phones and I have "tier rules apply = true"

Any idea's?

gflow

Aug 25, 2019
I think i've figured it out, please correct me if anybody gets different results.

When using Ring All strategy in the call centre, with tiers apply enabled you can only have a maximum of two tiers.

If I have tiers 0,1,2,3,4,5 after all agents in tier 0 ring then all agents in tiers 1,2,3,4,5 will ring all the same time.

This is tested on 4.4.11

Status
Not open for further replies.