Ring group callerid prefix

Status
Not open for further replies.

i3ioi-iazard

Mar 14, 2018
I have a user that has a number that rings 3 external phone numbers via ring group. Is there a way to add a prefix so that the external numbers know that its a call going to that specific DID? Ideally it would be nice to add it to the callerID name but if thats not an option adding to the number would work too. This will be in incoming call and the 3 numbers its going to are all cell phones if that matters at all.

Kenny Riley

Nov 1, 2017
Sure.. just set the caller ID name prefix at the destination level in Fusion for that DID.

1528684706271.png

However, caller ID prefixes will only show on the caller ID of registered extensions/endpoints of your PBX, they don't work when calls are routing to external devices as far as I know.

Last edited:

i3ioi-iazard

Mar 14, 2018
Yeah... I havent tried that yet but it will need to work for external numbers in this case.

Do you know if theres a way to add like an extra digit on the callerid or something. For example, if the number is 1-403-0000 are we able to make it show 012-403-0000 or something like that?

Kenny Riley

Nov 1, 2017
Nope.. if you modify the the outbound caller ID of the DID, it will show that way for all calls.

Caller ID prefixing doesn't apply to phones that aren't registered to your PBX in my experience.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, you could probably modify the outbound caller ID of the ring group itself like you mentioned and and change a few numbers so that the external parties will know they are being rang from that ring group.

1528685951102.png

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Though you may get this working currently, I would seriously look to finding another way around this issue.

I used this way myself a long time ago but what you are effectively doing is faking the caller id.

Certainly now, here in th UK, we would not be able to do this as the carrier would reject it as invalid.

The messy, it would be better playing some sort of custom prompt to the person you are transferring it to IMHO.

i3ioi-iazard

Mar 14, 2018
The prompt would be something I can look into. How would that work for an external call? Would the caller still hear ringing during the prompt being played to the external number? Ideally, it would be nice if the Caller had no idea that the external number was listening to a prompt before hand.

Though you may get this working currently, I would seriously look to finding another way around this issue.

I used this way myself a long time ago but what you are effectively doing is faking the caller id.

Certainly now, here in th UK, we would not be able to do this as the carrier would reject it as invalid.

The messy, it would be better playing some sort of custom prompt to the person you are transferring it to IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.