Ringing group message problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fabrice

Nov 25, 2019
hello everyone,

I realized that randomly, I encountered the following problem on the ring groups: when I insert a message before the ringing from time to time, the group hangs up. The error message I have in the logs is: [ERR] mod_lua.cpp:202 ...are/freeswitch/scripts/resources/functions/find_file.lua:35: attempt to index global Database (a nil value)

I realized that it had to do with whether or not there is a symbolic link to the audio files that I import into the folder: /var/lib/freeswitch/recordings/domain/ I do not see how to do so that these symbolic links can not disappear. Or find a solution to keep these errors in the ring groups from coming back because this prevents my client from receiving his calls.

Thank you

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
I'm not sure why you have symbolic links. Normally if you record using *732, or upload a sound file using the recordings application, the audio file will be placed in /var/lib/freeswitch/recordings/domain. There will be no symbolic links.

You can move the files and reference them using symbolic links, everything will still work. Some people use symbolic links to put recordings on a different storage volume, others may use a mount point directly.

Symbolic links don't just disappear by themselves. Do you have any housekeeping jobs that could be removing your symbolic links by mistake?

Fabrice

Nov 25, 2019
Thanks for your feedback. Apart from the symbolic links, I don't understand why the messages no longer work in ring groups. I imported the files in the section APPs => Recordings
It's weird! I have 6 files in Recordings, when I connect in SSH, I see only 4 in the folder / var / lib / freeswitch / recordings / domain

When I listen to the files from the fusionpbx interface it works but not in the ring groups. You have an idea?

Fabrice

Nov 25, 2019
wav files, disappears in the / var / lib / freeswitch / recordings / domain folder On the other hand, it reappears when I call the IVR in which I call this file. It's super strange!

Fabrice

Nov 25, 2019
J'ai compris ce qui se passait. J'avais activé dans Default Setting => Recordings => Storage_type

Vous devez le mettre faux

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
It does indeed, sound strange, but there WILL be a logical explanation for what is going on.

I'm guessing you may have enabled storage_type = Base64 in your Default settings. This stores the sound files in the database, not in the filing system. If this is the case, you will see the file appear when you press the playback button. They will also appear when you opt to download the files. BUT if you re-visit or refresh the app->recordings page, the files will be deleted.

If you want to work with files, make sure the Default setting for storage_type is set to False.
Screenshot from 2019-12-22 15-15-06.png

Status
Not open for further replies.