Save XML changes to Dialplan Gui

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcitelecom

Oct 20, 2021
In Dialplan manager I can view a call destination (for example call_screen) in the Gui and also in XML code. However, when I make changes in the XML code and save them, those changes are not saved to the dialplan GUI. Is this supposed to work? It would make sense that FusionPBX allows switching from GUI mode to XML and also allow the reverse.

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
I believe you can switch from GUI to XML, but not back again. I think the only time the GUI (dialplan_detail records) are re-generated is when Upgrade->app_defaults is run. And then this only replaces missing dialplans by parsing the XML files located in:
/var/www/fusionpbx/app/dialplans/resources/switch/conf/dialplan/

You can add your own XML files to the directory above and running app_defaults should load them for you.

dcitelecom

Oct 20, 2021
That's really too bad. It would be great to switch back from XML to GUI (dialplan_detail records) for inbound/outbound routes and dialplan manager records. Seems like this is something that should be added in a future date. Not sure how it works in this forum but can we start a bounty to add this feature?

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
There is a fourm on here called "The Bounty Room".
You can go to fusionpbx.com, create an account and then you may be able to put in a feature request. I have lost track of what you can and can't do without paying for membership.

Status
Not open for further replies.