Send back 180 Ringing to the gateway

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisbware

Apr 17, 2018
Italy
chrisbware.wordpress.com
A short story that maybe can help someone.

I've a customer with a ISDN gateway connected to a E1 and a FusionPBX. My customer wants something very simple to do: play busy tone when a user is on call. This simple thing made me crazy! Fusion answers with "180 Ringing" + "183 Session Progress", so the IAD awaits for ringback from Fusion.
Reading on Freeswitch wiki I found that ring_ready was the application I was looking for. Si I set it on inbound routes and works as expected.
Then I made a call to set the user on busy state (call waiting disabled) and placed a second call: there were the ringback tone and not the busy tone, even if the phone answered with a "486 Busy Here"!!!
Reading again on FS wiki I found that if a ringback tone or a playback is executed, even if ring_ready is set, Freeswitch goes in early dial. But in my dialplan there were neither a playback nor a ringback set. After half an hour of testing I saw the light: variables!
To fix it I had to disable (set to false) ringback and transfer_ringback on Defaults section of Advanced->Variables. Now I have my busy tone !!!!

P.S. Perhaps you have to restart Freeswitch....check ringback var with global_getvar on fs_cli...you have to get Err, if it's set you'll get Early Dial

Status
Not open for further replies.