Setting a static ringer Volume to a Yealink T48S from within Fusion PBX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug Dassow

Dec 20, 2020
Hey all, I was wondering if there was a way to set the ringing volume if a T48S from within the PBX and make it were the customer can not change the ringer volume? I have a customer who has already asked us to disble DND on all their phones and now they are asking if we can lock down the ringer Volumes on the Yealink T48S. The problem is the nurses were hitting DND so they don't have to answer the phones. Now since we disabled that, the nurses are dropping the vlumes to off on the T48S phones. We are being requested to lock the ringer volumes on 2/3 to 3/4 volume. Thanks in advance for any help if this can be done
Doug

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
It looks like there is a "force.voice.ring_vol=" in the y0000... config file but there is no variable defined to set it in the templates.

You could create a custom config template and hard code the volume setting or create a new variable to set it dynamically per device/group/etc

Doug Dassow

Dec 20, 2020
I see that now. I wound up making a copy of the t48s template and called it t48s_forcevol_7 and in that config added the force.voice.ring_vol=7 line on the second line. then in my device pages in my PBX changed the template to t48s_forcevol_7 template and reprovisioned the phones at that worked!! Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.