Several issues with FusionPBX 4.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 9, 2018
True. I’ll just point out that with a VPN, IF he’s getting DNS from the office, and it’s overriding his external IP for the server with an internal address, as he mentioned early in this thread, there could be a routing problem that is causing this. But I’m not real familiar with rport, so you’re probably right @DigitalDaz. One way to test might be to check DNS resolution for the SIP server domain from the home network. If it’s resolving to the external IP, then I’m not sure what the problem might be.

tkintenn

Aug 8, 2018
Knoxville, Tn
True. I’ll just point out that with a VPN, IF he’s getting DNS from the office, and it’s overriding his external IP for the server with an internal address, as he mentioned early in this thread, there could be a routing problem that is causing this. But I’m not real familiar with rport, so you’re probably right @DigitalDaz. One way to test might be to check DNS resolution for the SIP server domain from the home network. If it’s resolving to the external IP, then I’m not sure what the problem might be.

you misread. I just stated that my home firewall has vpn setup, nothing else. we're not using vpn to the office point to point. I do at times VPN to my house for certain things, but essentially the firewall at home is almost default except the VPN being setup on it. So my home firewall doesn't have any specified nat entries. the office firewall does have nat entries, for several servers including the FusionPBX.

Jan 9, 2018
you misread. I just stated that my home firewall has vpn setup, nothing else. we're not using vpn to the office point to point. I do at times VPN to my house for certain things, but essentially the firewall at home is almost default except the VPN being setup on it. So my home firewall doesn't have any specified nat entries. the office firewall does have nat entries, for several servers including the FusionPBX.
So do you have the same result when you are on other WiFi networks (not your home or office)?

Status
Not open for further replies.