SIP Registrations - Multiple registrations per phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

krishanodedra

Jul 17, 2018
Hello, In one of our tenant domains we have a problem with some Panasonic TGP500 phones. Per extension on the same phone we are seeing multiple registrations under the status - registrations page. I can click unregister and they all go away and the phone starts working as long as there is one registration, but as soon as the second registration comes in the phone no longer can receive calls. Over the night each phone created 15 or so registrations to Fusion.

Has anyone had this issue? I read that it could be because we have multiple registrations setting set to contact under the the Sofia sip profile. We can’t turn this off because we have other tenants that have multiple phones registered to one extension which is working well.

Should we create a new Sofia internal profile for the tenant with that setting off? If that’s the answer how do we assign that profile to the domain. I see where we can copy the internal profile but I am lost after that.

Thanks in advanced

Kenny Riley

Nov 1, 2017
You're saying the Panasonic phones are creating multiple registrations all on their own? You aren't physically registering more than one extension to a device?

Last edited:

krishanodedra

Jul 17, 2018
You're saying the Panasonic phones are creating multiple registrations all on their own? You aren't physically registering more than one extension to a device?
Correct, the phones are creating multiple registrations on their own. One extension per phone, but we see multiple registrations per phone.

Dee

Jun 7, 2019
I am having same issue. We use linphone app and the app create mutiple registration them self. We are seing 100 registration for same user even though I am the only one logged in. Any update on this please?
Any way to stop this ?

Any way to force freeswitch to loose/removed expired registrations?

slayerphil

Apr 7, 2020
I am having same issue. We use linphone app and the app create mutiple registration them self. We are seing 100 registration for same user even though I am the only one logged in. Any update on this please?
Any way to stop this ?

Any way to force freeswitch to loose/removed expired registrations?

IM seeing exactly the same at the moment with the Linphone app, a single extension is showing about 5 times.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
@slayerphil This may be the cause of all the calls in your other post. You need to get a registration using sngrep, that may give you a clue to what's going on.

Dee

Jun 7, 2019
@slayerphil We reduced our sip expiry time down from 3600 to 120 and the issue went away.

Try that.

It appears the expiry number should be between 120 and 180

Reactions: slayerphil

jrosetto

Apr 29, 2020
If you are referring to linphone for android or IOS it sounds like you are dropping mobile connection and the phone re-registers when it comes online again. We switched over to Groundwire which is a pay for app but uses push notifications to wake the app for incoming calls and it also seems to have solved the random reconnects as well. You can also build your own push server using a proxy or script directly on the PBX and compiling Linphone from scripts so you can bake in push server settings.

I am honestly ready to abandon the mobile phone app idea because I don't have enough control on all the variables which is causing a lot of excess support tickets we can do nothing about. Poor signal, misconfigured firewalls, old slow phones, os updates that cause issue, ect.

Reactions: slayerphil
Status
Not open for further replies.