SIP Trunks Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Incubugs

Apr 7, 2018
Hi, i hope someone here can give me a little help, in the UK i use voiceflex for my sip trunk provider, i have multiple tennats on multiple nodes so each tenant has their own gateway, partly to make billing easy but also to keep tenant seperate. In the main this has worked fine but just lately i have been having issues with the sip trunks dropping registration to the provider, each tenant has to register because of multiple trunks coming from the same IP so IP auth wont work.

When i contacted the provider they said that when fusionpbx resgiters its fine for a few minutes but then freeswitch sends reg request with 0 set as the timeout which causes the trunk to deregister, they showed me this in a trace so i know its happening, the way round this so far has been to set the trunks reg timer from 800 to 180 which in the main seems to be working but im concerned this is going to come back, so my question is where is the 0 request coming form and how can i stop it ?

Thanks in advance

K

Reactions: AyrshireIT

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
I have not seen this before.
What are the Fusion and FreeSWITCH versions?

Is FusionPBX instructing FreeSWITCH to deregister - I.E. have you installed from an "Unlucky" version of master? Or is this something just going on within FreeSWITCH? If we can answer this, we will get a step closer to finding out hat is going on.

There is always a reason, any clue in the FreeSWITCH logs? Or maybe try increasing the log level, DEBUG if the box is not too busy.

Incubugs

Apr 7, 2018
freeswitch and fusion are both latest level 1.10.6 and fusion is 4.5.27 , its weird because the the system shows the trunk still registered but on the voiceflex portal its not, it does eventually re-reg after the 800 secs but it seem this 0 reg occurs at about 5 mins after reg, the system then reges after 800 secs and its ok again for 5 mins, lowering the reg to 180 seems to temp fix it. There is nothing i can see in the logs and i have watched the cli when it happens but issue is there are over 800 endpoints on the switch and 90 Sip trunks registered so its hard to see.

What is the Unlucky master you speak of ? not seen that before, there is defo a 0reg occurring, what files on the system control the freeswitch reg command maybe there's a clue in there.

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
Unlucky master you speak of ?
I just meant, that master is a continuously moving target, two installs five minutes apart may have different code, so if they break something and you install before they fix it again, you have an "unlucky" install.

AyrshireIT

Mar 21, 2021
Hi,

I also resell Voiceflex and had this issue.

I could never get multple tenants working using the same SIP server even though they are setup as separate gateways.

My only resolve was to ensure every tenant that i have is on a separate trunk going into Voiceflex system.

AyrshireIT

Mar 21, 2021
The issue i had was that when i had multiple gateways which are the same SIP server on Voiceflex but all on separate tenants.

Tenant 1 has a gateway using sip server : sip28.voiceflex.com
Tenant 2 has a gateway using sip server : sip28.voiceflex.com

I found that inbound calls would always come back into the first route even though both tenants gateways are registered.

I eventually gave up with voiceflex support as i couldn't figure it out.

Now i just ensure each tenant is on a separate SIP server.

Apologies if this is not the same issue.

Incubugs

Apr 7, 2018
Yes that's exactly what i have, each customer has there own sip account and trunk id, login etc at voiceflex, then under the tenant they each use there own trunk, that seem to be ok to be honest its the dereg after 5 mins that's the issue, if i lower reg timeout to 180 its ok so i think this may be a separate issue

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
@Incubugs do you have an actual packet capture of the complete registration process, I'm wondering if Voiceflex are imposing a max expires time without letting you know in the 200 OK. It's good one, I'm very interested in finding the cause.

Incubugs

Apr 7, 2018
I don't to be honest, this system is extremely busy 24/7 however i do have what voiceflex sent me if that helps at all. This happens i now discover on new installs and these slightly older ones as well so this is an ongoing problem it looks like.

Attachments

• 251127_reg.PNG
    251127_reg.PNG
    73.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 251127_reg1.PNG
    251127_reg1.PNG
    70.5 KB · Views: 12

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
Yes, from those screen shots it does look like FreeSWITCH just decides to unregister.

Ok, I'm sorry it is question after question. Do you send OPTIONS pings on the gateway. the reason I ask is that FreeSWITCH can de-register on a ping fail.

unregister-on-options-fail is not set on any of my installations and the gateways do not send OPTIONS pings, so my assumption is that the default for unregister-on-options-fail is false. I have been trying to find out, without success, if any of the defaults have changed recently.

Incubugs

Apr 7, 2018
I do not have options pings on at all, i do not have anything in the max min ping fields on gateway. where do you find the unregister on options bit, under sip settings ?

Incubugs

Apr 7, 2018
well mine says nat-options-ping set to true but enabled is false so i presume its deactivated.

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
I have done a lot of digging but I'm not turning anything up that is helpful. Maybe it is time to get a full packet capture done, I know you said it is a busy box, perhaps set up a test box connected to a Voiceflex trunk and see what that does.

Incubugs

Apr 7, 2018
Hi, sorry for late reply, a full packet capture on this server would be pointless the ammount of data would be mind boggling with the number of trunks, users, phones and activity etc. What i may do i setup a new vm with a trunk and a few handsets on and try and replicate the issue that will make a sip trace easier and more legible.

Status
Not open for further replies.