Speed up web interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

smn

Jul 18, 2017
I have noticed a slow down in the web interface on FusionPBX virtual servers in data centers relatively far away (ie, higher than 50ms ping) . Seems to have happened recently. I have tried using the 4.4 and master branch.

I tried this on freshly installed using a manual install procedure I have used for a long time and also using the official install script. The results are the same. Anyone know what could be going on and how to speed things up? I am trying various things like enabling gzip compressing on nginx to see if that helps. That seems to help a little bit. A page refresh causes bandwidth to spikes up to 3Mb/s or more so looks like a lot of stuff is being transferred when browsing the GUI now. Gzip compression reduces that a little but still lots of bandwidth used on page refreshes. I am pretty sure that is the reason for the slow down.

Last edited:

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
@smn I really had this in my face recently when I installed on an arm64 device, it was like glue. Chasing it down appears to be the template rendering, whatever page it is. Comment out footer.php to confim this, its will be broken but fast broken :)

markjcrane

Staff member
Jul 22, 2018
I worked on this a couple times over the past couple weeks. Today I had more uninterupted time and found the main thing slowing down the web interface. I adjusted multiple things to improve the performance. This is fixed on the Master branch which is currently the most maintained and stable branch. A new release is coming when there is enough resources to maintain another branch and when the version of the code is at a state that it will be easier to maintain another branch. More changes have to be completed to get it to that point.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
I've just reinstalled on arm64 to test, on on of these:

h96max.jpg

The GUI is much, much faster than it was. On x64, its blazing :)

Status
Not open for further replies.