T53 Hold Music not playing

Status
Not open for further replies.

phinix2000

Mar 9, 2023
Hello!

We use FusionPBX with Yealink Phones. T53 and T57W.
But, we have following problem:

If we want to transfer or hold a call, then the hold music will not be played. For the caller, it is silet in the line.

We testet it with the 3cx softphone and there, it works!

Are there any settings for Yealink Phones in the PBX or the Phone?

Greetings, Alex

phinix2000

Mar 9, 2023
sorry for the late answer.

yes, we´ve tried many profiles. Nothing works. We also tried other manufacturer. Only at Yealink phones we have problems.

whut

Dec 23, 2022
What version of fusion? Older versions did not set variables correctly for transfer. Are you using the default MOH or your own added MOH?

whut

Dec 23, 2022
There is the problem. You are Zweiging. ;)

Go to Status -> Active Calls within the correct domain, dial the MOH test code *9664, listen for the MOH and watch the active calls page. You are looking for the page to display the MOH "playback:local_stream://default". Then watch the active calls screen again during placing a call on hold and by transferring a call. In each test you should hear the music and you should see the default music streaming. As you are not hearing the music it is important to know if the music is "playing" during each of these tests.

phinix2000

Mar 9, 2023
There is the problem. You are Zweiging. ;)

Go to Status -> Active Calls within the correct domain, dial the MOH test code *9664, listen for the MOH and watch the active calls page. You are looking for the page to display the MOH "playback:local_stream://default". Then watch the active calls screen again during placing a call on hold and by transferring a call. In each test you should hear the music and you should see the default music streaming. As you are not hearing the music it is important to know if the music is "playing" during each of these tests.

Thanks for the answer!

I tested it with the 3cx Softphone and the Yealink Phone.

When i dial the *9664, then on both Phones, i hear the MOH and in the Active Calls Page it displays "playback:local_stream://default".
When i hold a call with the Softphone, it also displays "playback:local_stream://default"

When i hold a Call with the yealink t53 nothing changes. It shows only the call.

whut

Dec 23, 2022
That is good progess in identifying where and where not the problem is.

Make sure to follow @mcs3ss2's suggesting. Many problems are easily fixed by running ALL upgrade options on the Advanced -> Upgrade page. Run #1 and watch for any errors, then run #2, #2B, #3, #4, & #5. Run each upgrade option 1 at a time in order. As an added measure log out and back in again after completing the upgrade options.

I would add a an entry to the global-variables dialplan
  • Tag= action
  • Type= set
  • Data= hold_music=local_stream://default
  • Inline=True

Status
Not open for further replies.