TCP / UDP - That is the queston

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenny Riley

Nov 1, 2017
I ran into this same issue a few months back with about 10 SPA's... registration using TCP just never worked reliably in this instance, even with r-port enabled. UDP gave me fits too in terms of one-way audio. My solution was to replace them with Yealinks. *shrug*

What's even more odd is I have a customer with about 40 SPA301's that are registered with TCP to another FusionPBX box of mine and have been rock solid for 2 years.

I personally just avoid SPA phones where at all possible with FusionPBX. It's just not worth the headache.

In a perfect world, I would throw them all in a fire and replace with Yealinks but not everyone is on board with buying new phones.

Last edited:

Kenny Riley

Nov 1, 2017
Our Fusion PBX boxes aren't behind any firewalls.

This instance in particular with trouble with the SPA model phones, the customers network was behind a Meraki.

bcmike

Jun 7, 2018
I'm wondering if perhaps my TCP connection timers on the pfsense are too conservative (long). Every time this happens I can kill the associated states on the pfsense box and they'll register right away. My thinking is perhaps the states become orphaned because they stay open too long.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Try a packet capture on the pfsense when one is out of service, it may help.

bcmike

Jun 7, 2018
Daz, does freeswitch send out an options message to the extensions like the asterisk "Qualify" function? I'm wondering if for some reason the phone goes off line if freeswitch is holding the socket open on the pfsense box.

Status
Not open for further replies.