Telnyx SMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ict2842

Mar 2, 2021
Wichita, KS
To not hijack the other thread, I am creating this one.

Access Key is set as the Profile ID.
View attachment 2207

I guess a good note & question here:
I use BulkVS for voice and I would like to use Telnyx for SMS (I tried with BulkVS but I didn't find much on it and I couldn't get it working). For each extension, I set the outbound caller ID using a BulkVS DID along with the Emergency caller ID with the appropriate BulkVS DID. Being that neither here is with Telnyx, is this an immediate "It's never going to work" situation? I just now swapped the Outbound Caller ID Number to use the Telnyx DID, and it still didn't go through.

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
A few carriers have the ability to use “off-net” numbers for SMS but the voice carrier has to allow it. Ideally you would want to fully port the number or get bulkvs sms working.

I have a mostly working setup for bulkvs on my server but seem to remember something wasn’t quite 100% and never advertised it for production. I have been distracted with other things lately so don’t remember if/what limitations it had. I also remember someone else mentioning either in IRC or possibly on these forums they had it working but don’t recall seeing the script modifications shared anywhere

ict2842

Mar 2, 2021
Wichita, KS
Ideally, a client would want a single phone number for calls and SMS and I would want to provide it to them. As of now, I have nothing official setup, though I had wished to have something in place to begin testing by now. Everyone I am looking at right now has Voice, some have Fax (which I have working on the test server), and none have SMS though multiple want it.

Bifur

Sep 13, 2020
Were you able to get telnyx sms working? Would you mind sharing the steps you took?
I have been looking at other posts but the date ranges of the posts are varied so I'm not sure what the correct way is in 2021. Are you using the SMS app for fusion?

Any insights would be great. Thanks!

ict2842

Mar 2, 2021
Wichita, KS
Were you able to get telnyx sms working? Would you mind sharing the steps you took?
I have been looking at other posts but the date ranges of the posts are varied so I'm not sure what the correct way is in 2021. Are you using the SMS app for fusion?

Any insights would be great. Thanks!
Hello!
I somewhat gave up on SMS for the time being to focus on other aspects of getting a business going. I never got it working, but also never put in a bunch of effort into it. I did find out later on that I whitelisted the IP for Telnyx without the /32 in the ACL, though I doubt that was the issue in my setup. If you get it working, I'd love to know!

Reactions: Bifur
Status
Not open for further replies.