Troubleshooting Tip - Inbound calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
You have no need to consider gateways when troubleshooting inbound calling.

Gateways have nothing at all to do with inbound calling, in fact for inbound calling only, you can run FusionPBX without ever defining a gateway.

Of course if call forwarding comes into play then its a different story.

Feb 8, 2018
I would ask to you following thing:

If I have astpp used for billing and FusionPBX in multi-tenant fashion, how can I manage multiple dids on single domain using only a gateway?

To be more clear, I have 17 dids assigned to same customer's on astpp. FusionPBX is connected to astpp with a single gateway.

When I receive a call on FusionPBX, every called number is settled up to username of gateway. In this way I can't apply different call flow based on called numbers.

Any suggestion?

agree

Aug 26, 2018
You have no need to consider gateways when troubleshooting inbound calling.

Gateways have nothing at all to do with inbound calling, in fact for inbound calling only, you can run FusionPBX without ever defining a gateway.

Of course if call forwarding comes into play then its a different story.
I would like to add to your tip, there are situations where gateways should come into consideration when troubleshooting inbound calls. That's when using gateways with registration, sometimes the carriers won't send the phone number in the INVITE line, but only in the To: header. The default condition FusionPBX uses in the inbound routes destination_number won't work. You would need to use ${sip_to_user} as the inbound route condition. FusionPbx has built-in support for this by adding in default settings a category dialplan, subcategory destination type text, value ${sip_to_user}

Feb 8, 2018
So adding the dialplan category, then destination subcategory with ${sip_to_user} value, into the single destination entry of the dialplan, the first line should be:

tag condition, type destination, data ^(xxxxxxxxxx)$ where xxxxxxxxxx is the DID

it should work?

Status
Not open for further replies.