Twilio on FusionPBX (redux)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeanutButterX

Jun 11, 2019
Hi All,
FusionPBX noob here...lurker for serveral months. Great forum!

I'm now through my 3rd or 4th installation of the platform geared towards Twilio Elastic SIP. My configurations end up failing at some point and unfortunately I can't determine the root cause. I always end up with consistent "Connection to Event Socket failed." message via sip_status and etc., or everything seems hunky dory but something is dead in the background (i.e. no sophia status).

Current installation is stuck on "Event Socket failed" but I've gotten to the point where I'm placing calls without fail but haven't quite made it to full bidirectional comms. Throwing TLS into the mix doesn't make things any easier, naturally. o_O

Ttl;dr: Is there a straightforward Twilio howto for FusionPBX somewhere online that I'm just not finding? There are a few versions of Twilio for Freeswitch but--while I understand this may be po-tay-to / po-tah-toe--it seems you'd have to start with being well-versed with either or going into it. I'm not. :confused:

Thanks!
PBX

PeanutButterX

Jun 11, 2019
yes? :)

The actual installation procedure appears to go fine. Problems arise when stepping through the configuration of Twilio connectivity but the erroneous step(s) are not transparent enough to determine where things go awry (e.g. your dumb configuration of X is why Y is not showing up via FusionPBX). It seems once something is broken on the Freeswitch side, things goes south on FusionPBX without explanation.

PeanutButterX

Jun 11, 2019
Sooo... is freeswitch running? Are all the profiles started?

It was (back to) running again, and oddly with no action on my part. In previous deployments the SIP Status page displayed no output for sofia (either profile or gateway). Unfortunately I'm right back to that now...despite it having shown status 5 minutes ago. I don't know what more details to retrieve or provide...

Ian Oakes

Oct 14, 2016
First systemctl status freeswitch. Running? Good.

Next fs_cli, and sofia status, you should see if your profiles are started
Also it will spit errors out for you.
You can also check the freeswitch.log for anomalies in the time it worked and it didnt.

from there, its anyones guess, but you will have to throw some more info. Whatever the case, sounds like this install might be a little effd up, and there are a variety of reasons that could be.

If we dont have a running freeswitch you can start in foreground and see where and if it chokes.
Also /var/log/syslog can show if freeswitch crashes too. Freeswitch.log i think will only show from this particular running if it doesnt get archived first - i could be wrong about that. My logs are useless any longer than about 3 minutes, it rotates through all 10 files.

PeanutButterX

Jun 11, 2019
First systemctl status freeswitch. Running? Good.
yes.

Next fs_cli, and sofia status, you should see if your profiles are started
negative.

Also it will spit errors out for you.
none.

You can also check the freeswitch.log for anomalies in the time it worked and it didnt.
no errors.

from there, its anyones guess, but you will have to throw some more info. Whatever the case, sounds like this install might be a little effd up, and there are a variety of reasons that could be.
it's the 4th or 5th install that's ended up effd, so i'm definitely not disagreeing with you.

real talk: someone who knows their way around this crap could clean up by automating setup on the 4 or 5 common pbx platforms for the top 10 voip providers. it's literally <10 required parameters to get this going yet it takes a rocket scientist to figure out which magical sequence results in win.

Ian Oakes

Oct 14, 2016
Off a flat install, i can get twilio working no sweat... so something between when you finish the install and go to add the gateway is def jacked up.
Maybe you need to see what fs_cli spits out closer to when its starting, and you can do that by starting fs in the foreground, or tailing the log in another session as you restart fs. You might could post some of that logging, too. What version of FS is it? i heard 1.8.6 has some bugs in it.

Alternatively, you can give attempt 6 a try, dont do anything but add the gateway for twilio, and then as you go through your additional steps keep checking when fs effs up.

Status
Not open for further replies.