two or more providers

Status
Not open for further replies.

calin

Jul 29, 2022
hi, just asked in a post about internal profile, but i realized that i need something else. right now i have a fusionpbx instance in a cloud server, with couple of sip trunks from the same provider for few clients of mine. but one new client has a sip trunk from other provider. the rest of sip trunks are user/pass provisioned on the public ip from fusionpbx. the new sip trunk is ip based and is provided on a port of the internet router from my client office; therefore i tunneled this port to the fusionpbx on cloud. on the fusionpbx machine i've created a second network card with the ip provided by the provider. now, i believe i need to create a new external profile to match the settings for the new sip trunk, but when i make another external profile with ip from the provider as ext-rtp-ip and ext-sip-ip and try to start the gateway based on this profile i get "invalid profile" error.....

so, my question is: how can i setup two different profiles so both sip trunks can works?

calin

Jul 29, 2022
well, solved, as tried a lot of combinations. for those who need to do same setup: create a new external profile, but on ext-rtp-ip, ext-sip-ip, rtp-ip and sip-ip must be the ip from the other operator (sip trunk provider).

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
What you have done here just looks really, really wrong.

Why could you not have just added the provider in the same way as previous ones?

Is outbound routes that will determine which trunk gets used for outbound calls and the inbound will just find their own way.

Reactions: Davesworld

calin

Jul 29, 2022
well, the first one is zadarma, with user/pass provisioning on public ip and works. the other is orange, which is ip based, provided on other port on the router from the client location. my client already has from us a cloud pbx for the ip phones inside his office and a branch on other town. so, i need to implement 2 provider for this client. the pbx must be in our datacenter, not on the client. the pbx is multitenant. what is so wrong in this scenario?!?!?!?!?!

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Maybe that's OK then, what you effectively have is dual wan then? The traffic is going out of a completely different connection.

calin

Jul 29, 2022
well, not dual wan as the ip from orange isn't public, is in their internal network, but with 2 different connections. now i have other issue: the inbound call from orange sbc hit fusion, the destination phone from the client side start ringing (but in caller phone nothing happens, it shows "calling" and that's it) and if you pickup the phone the caller call failed. i don't know if it is codec related or firewall related.

Davesworld

Feb 1, 2019
What you have done here just looks really, really wrong.

Why could you not have just added the provider in the same way as previous ones?

Is outbound routes that will determine which trunk gets used for outbound calls and the inbound will just find their own way.

That's how I do it. For instance I route all my toll free calls and 911 calls through BulkVS and all my toll calls through Anveo Direct. In both cases they are set to NOT register and the username and password since FusionPBX thinks it should be there is to put not-used as the user and password since it is IP authentication.

I even go further since I still need fax occasionally and that is to make separate outbound routes that export T38 variables and only use these routes for the fax ata extensions. I do the same for inbound routes, add t38 export functions to fax DID destinations. I was surprised to see t38 calls on every leg coming in through the CLEC Bandwidth even though they do not advertise but I digress.

I should also mention that I had to use 911 one one occasion last year and it worked exactly as it should but it was up to me to put the proper address for the outgoing CID to match and the call did go to the proper local PSAP. BulkVS does allow one to use 922 as a test dial and it will read back to you the DID and the street address, yes, I had to add a route for 922 as well pointing to the BulkVS gateway. Of course, most users of FusionPBX probably are not in the USA so I can't assume anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.