UK Voice Sounds

Status
Not open for further replies.

3d3dman

Oct 11, 2022
Does anyone have any pre-recorded UK voice sounds I can use, is it easiest just to replace the sounds in /usr/share/freeswitch/sounds/en/us/callie/ ?

I see there is folders for 48000, 32000, 16000, 8000 - do the sounds need to be changed in all these files, if not which one do I need to use?

Many thanks

3d3dman

Oct 11, 2022
Thank you all for the help, I applied the UK sounds and all is good apart from strangely the "Prompt" option on ring groups is not working since I updated the audio. In fairness I haven't rebooted the system since updating the UK audio files but before I do has anyone seen this issue, for example it calls the mobile and you should get a message to press a key to receive the call, what is happening is it calls the mobile then when you pickup the call it then cuts the call?

AyrshireIT

Mar 21, 2021
There are a few things you need to update on the system,

First on fusion advance menu open ‘Default Settings’ Page and goto the domain sub section, ensure language is set to ‘en-gb’ and country is set to ‘gb‘
Second on the fusion advance menu open the Switch Variables page and look for the variable for ‘sound_prefix’ and update it to ‘$${sounds_dir}/en/gb/rachael’

Lastly you need to edit the languages file called ‘en.xml which is in :

/etc/freeswitch/languages/en/

Update to have the following :

<include>
<language name="en" say-module="en" sound-prefix="$${sounds_dir}/en/gb/rachael" tts-engine="cepstral" tts-voice="rachael">
<phrases>
<macros>
<X-PRE-PROCESS cmd="include" data="demo/*.xml"/> <!-- Note: this now grabs whole subdir, previously grabbed only demo.xml -->
<!--voicemail_en_tts is purely implemented with tts, we have the files based one that is the default. -->
<X-PRE-PROCESS cmd="include" data="vm/*.xml"/> <!-- vm/tts.xml if you want to use tts and have cepstral -->
<X-PRE-PROCESS cmd="include" data="dir/sounds.xml"/> <!-- dir/tts.xml if you want to use tts and have cepstral -->
<X-PRE-PROCESS cmd="include" data="ivr/*.xml"/> <!-- IVR and custom phrases go here -->
<X-PRE-PROCESS cmd="include" data="vm/voicemail_ivr.xml"/>
</macros>
</phrases>
</language>
</include>

After that it can take a reboot to get it to start using the uk sounds.

Last edited:

3d3dman

Oct 11, 2022
Rebooted freeswitch, if I test the prompt feature on ring groups its still cutting the call when I answer it using a normal mobile phone number, it was working before implementing the UK sounds, any idea what could cause this?

Status
Not open for further replies.