unable to install fusionpbx on oracle's public IP

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoaibsheikh786

Jan 19, 2023
Hello,

I have been trying to install fusionpbx on oracle cloud instance, everything goes well and without any error, and in the end it shows IP link and username with password to login, but the problem is that it maps the fusionpbx with private ip instead of public ip, and i have been unable to find a solution for this.

Please tell me how to point fusionpbx to public IP of the instance.

Thanks

hfoster

Jan 28, 2019
1. Rename the domain in Advanced -> Domains. Ideally this will be the FQDN you will ultimately be accessing the service from...however the public IP is acceptable if you don't have a domain name, and don't care about HTTPS.

2. In Variables, update the external_sip_ip and external_rtp_ip to your public address. This often resolves media issues behind NAT.

shoaibsheikh786

Jan 19, 2023
1. Rename the domain in Advanced -> Domains. Ideally this will be the FQDN you will ultimately be accessing the service from...however the public IP is acceptable if you don't have a domain name, and don't care about HTTPS.

2. In Variables, update the external_sip_ip and external_rtp_ip to your public address. This often resolves media issues behind NAT.

How do i update the external_sip_ip and external_rtp_ip to your public address? please tell me location of files etc.

Please note: I cant access admin panel (since its automatically mapped to internal IP and i dont know how to fix it in fusionpbx) so i cant follow Step 1 mentioned above

Last edited:

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
You have done something wrong with the installation, the admin panel should be available on the public IP by default, in fact, the sip ports will receive traffic by default its just that the ips need changing in the external and internal profiles.

I have been using Oracle cloud for my production server for the last 18 months flawlessly.

shoaibsheikh786

Jan 19, 2023
what could i have possibly done? i selected ubuntu 20 as os and default vcn configurations

Last edited:

hfoster

Jan 28, 2019
Never used Oracle cloud, as I'm still bitter about Sun Microsystems, but isn't it like AWS where you have to open ports or attach an IP address to the instance? Is the server receiving HTTP packets?

On AWS you just run the installer, open the necessary ports, update the IP address variables to the public and rename the domain. nginx is bound to 0.0.0.0 so literally any interface will work.

shoaibsheikh786

Jan 19, 2023
Never used Oracle cloud, as I'm still bitter about Sun Microsystems, but isn't it like AWS where you have to open ports or attach an IP address to the instance? Is the server receiving HTTP packets?

On AWS you just run the installer, open the necessary ports, update the IP address variables to the public and rename the domain. nginx is bound to 0.0.0.0 so literally any interface will work.
can you please elaborate on "update the IP address variables to the public and rename the domain. nginx is bound to 0.0.0.0 so literally any interface will work" how to do that

hfoster

Jan 28, 2019
Variables in the web interface under Advanced. Though if you can't even access the web interface you have something more fundamentally wrong than SIP Contact IP addresses that need updating.

Have you checked which IP address/port nginx is listening on?

Can you see HTTP/HTTPS packets hitting the server using tcpdump or similar?

Do you need to open ports like other cloud providers?

cemotyz09

Apr 23, 2020
I'm using oracle as well. It sounds like they didn't open the ports prior to install so the installer couldn't select the public IP. You should be able to open the ports for the firewall, go to your public IP then use 'admin@privateip' and 'password' to login. Then either rename your current domain or create another domain with the 'publicip', create user for that domain and it "should" work.

shoaibsheikh786

Jan 19, 2023
I'm using oracle as well. It sounds like they didn't open the ports prior to install so the installer couldn't select the public IP. You should be able to open the ports for the firewall, go to your public IP then use 'admin@privateip' and 'password' to login. Then either rename your current domain or create another domain with the 'publicip', create user for that domain and it "should" work.
its not opening by going to public ip, i would not be posting here if it was that simple, please read original post and corresponding messages

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
All you need to do is change the external sip ip and external rtp ip in the sip profiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.