Upgrade Stretch 2 Bullseye - Fusion 4.5.26 - 5.01 - FS 1.10.6 - Your Opinion Matters

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcs3ss2

Sep 8, 2020
AU
Experts
Good evening (At least where I am)

So few hours ago I took a leap of faith and started the upgrade process.
All went well.

Upgraded from stretch to buster then to bullseye.
Then upgraded fusion via the Upgrade menu in the login portal.
All seems to be working normal, Endpoints extentions/phones yealink and cisco all registered automatically after the reboot.
Made couple of test calls and calls seems to be operational without any hiccups and noice or dropouts.

This instance is live and in production. I do have Solid backup if i need to restore at moments notice.

My question is, What should I be looking for tomorrow morning? What sort of problems I can or may come across tomorrow?

Your input and experties are vaulable as always.

Cheers, mcs3ss2

elkato

Feb 25, 2017
Will keep checking logs.
We all know customers are like humans in the world.. each one different to each other, so just keep paying attention to possible use cases.
If don't have a well monitored system, I will at least tailing freeswitch log file for error/warnings, checking linux logs too syslog, messages, kernel (more regards on debian upgrade). postgresql/nginx changed most probably too, so more about warning/errors. Not need to be reading debug/info logs mode.. just keep attentions on new probably behavior of your new OS, freeswitch, postgres, nginx and other things upgraded could have.

mcs3ss2

Sep 8, 2020
AU
ah....so here it goes...
it did not work, upgrade broke freeswitch as soon as the morning load started so I had to revert back to my backup which only took coiple of minutes to restore to save my sanity. lol
I think I will wait for 5.01 to come out and then try it on deb 12 bookworm which is only couple of months away and hopefully @mcrane will update 5.1 to work with with bookworm then I donot have to worry about updating for couple of years ... hehe... mark has done a really good job on this project.
In my opinion the gui only lacks modern looks but functionality is awesom.

Status
Not open for further replies.