Voicemail to email failing

Status
Not open for further replies.

mharris

Mar 7, 2019
We are having intermittent issues with voicemail to email not working. When I look at the logs in /tmp, I see the failed emails with this error:

SMTP -> ERROR: Failed to connect to server: Connection timed out (110).
The following From address failed: admin@ourdomain.com
Mailer Error: The following From address failed: admin@ourdomain.com

This is only happening intermittently on select PBXs on the same multitenant setup. All voicemail to email settings are setup under default settings; there's no domain-specific settings in place for voicemail to email. Additionally, it seems to be happening only on our servers that are running 4.4.3 and 4.4.2; our server running 4.5.3 hasn't had any failed emails, which makes me think it is not a problem with our SMTP server. I can usually manually push out failed emails under status-->emails, but it will occasionally give me this error on the GUI: "resend failed: the following from address failed: admin@ourdomain.com"

Does anyone know what could be going on to cause this and how to resolve it? I've done some research both here and in the FusionPBX documentation. I tried the suggestions found in both places (disabling unused email templates, saving SMTP settings even though I didn't change anything), but nothing is doing the trick.

paradym

May 26, 2017
I recently had a similar issue with using SMTP after switching off from using sendmail where the only reported error is as you described.

I don't know what is causing the error, but I did manage to work around it. Since I had sendmail working before, I reconfigured sendmail to use smtp and now emails are flowing again.

Status
Not open for further replies.