Volume of hold music

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've tried in advanced/settings to change the mod_shout volume but seems to make no difference, also curious if this will affect other uses of mp3, i.e call recordings etc?

Am I doing this right or is there anything else?

Thanks
Steve

tyryko

Jul 12, 2017
I'm wondering how this setting works as well. Did you ever figure it out?

tyryko

Jul 12, 2017
Replying because I figured it out. After making the change you need to go to Modules and Stop and the Start the Shout module.

Although I'm not sure what this all affects yet.

Reactions: timerider

tyryko

Jul 12, 2017
Right now I set ours at 1.5 and it seems to be louder. Although I've started to question if it's "clipping" now. I haven't looked at any docs for Mod shout etc so it could be written somewhere.

Also 100% agree with you on the docs. I get that people need to make money, and Mark and the team have made a great product... BUT, huge BUT so much is "held" for paying customers, etc. It used to be the glorious class you had to take and would get the extra info.

I feel like certain things, like upgrade information between versions, how to keep your sever updated with out breaking things and for god's sake, settle on a -stable- release. It has been YEARS since an actual stable release has been released.

The reccomendation is to use master, which i have now resorted to, but I don't like it that if I install today and then 4 days from now there are changes etc.

Right now I set ours at 1.5 and it seems to be louder. Although I've started to question if it's "clipping" now. I haven't looked at any docs for Mod shout etc so it could be written somewhere.

Also 100% agree with you on the docs. I get that people need to make money, and Mark and the team have made a great product... BUT, huge BUT so much is "held" for paying customers, etc. It used to be the glorious class you had to take and would get the extra info.

I feel like certain things, like upgrade information between versions, how to keep your sever updated with out breaking things and for god's sake, settle on a -stable- release. It has been YEARS since an actual stable release has been released.

The reccomendation is to use master, which i have now resorted to, but I don't like it that if I install today and then 4 days from now there are changes etc.
There's a nice space for a market leader if docs were more readily available. Politics has changed the other main contender and it's lost a lot of developers and early adopters.
The potential fusion and freeswitch has is enormous, but many of the things it could do aren't getting the attention from all the devs that could be adding features.

My problem is hold music is too loud.. I'm expecting to use .5 or whatever but not really noticing a difference. I guess I'll play find more, or be re-encoding my files, though that means decoding a script I wrote ages ago so all the different bitrates go in all the right directories!

We'll get there!

hfoster

Jan 28, 2019
I recommend keeping your own fork and just pinning a 'stable' on that. You'll have to edit the installer script too to point at your fork. Whilst I appreciate the new features, the clients/partners don't half get pissy if something moves somewhere or something gets removed.

tyryko

Jul 12, 2017
I know it's an open source product, and the devs and Mark can do what they want with it, since it is their project, BUT, what is the deal with the no actual current stable. For paid members is there a "stable" release and it's just for paid members? If so I could understand (SoGo / Inverse do that) or do you just cross your fingers and do the master branch?

I have had little issues with using master since we swic, but still bothers me, you never feel comfortable upgrading a sever... which is more rare than I would like, and upding the OS (not distro) always seems like a shot in the dark.

@timerider is right Fusion could really be a powerhouse here -- It has gotten bigger don't get me wrong and some good features have been added, fixes etc. I really do like the product.

The "secrecy / ambiguity" of what you get with a membership or previously attending/paying for the classes is what drives me nuts. Also Mark and the devs can get a little cranky sometimes which is off putting.

A few key things that would be awesome is a decent SMS option, mobile app(but I get, that is a total pain), and some boxes and options/features that have been there for ever but never have worked properly.

hfoster

Jan 28, 2019
Nah, no hidden special branch for paying customers, it's mainly just documentation and more of a direct line to the FusionPBX team (although most of them read this forum anyway). There's a few member only apps, but I don't find them to be game changers myself.

Cross my fingers and hope on a master that I keep a little bit locked in time with some custom work to it. I can always branch in a few fixes too if necessary.

Personally, I think the whole project would need a bit of an overhaul or a redesign architecturally for seamless updates, probably with containers. It's not so much FusionPBX has dodgy updates, but more that all the moving pieces have ABI/API breaking changes. Everything needs a 'stable' here, and nothing really does in Debian land.

Take the recent update to FreeSwitch where SignalWire added CPU usage into the log file, well this breaks Fail2Ban, and now your intrusion protection is busted. You update PHP, and snuffleupagus might go and break previously working code, you update nginx and WebRTC magically breaks from some sort of TLS thing, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.