What is the biggest reason for FusionPBX?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobias.F

Aug 2, 2020
Hello,

I am home user. Currently I use the free version of 3CX. It works and I am happy with it on technical side and I like the App and the way it integrates in the system. What I do not like is that it is a closed system and the behaviour of this company against open source projects. Not to forget I need a new playground.

Beside 3CX free version I tested FeePBX, Issabel, VitalPBX, FusionPBX and SipXcom. All will satisfy my technical needs. FusionPBX I like because of FreeSwitch base but not so polsished. SipXCom I liked most so far but more recourse hungry for small home build. I am stucking to take a decission.

What is the biggest reason for FusionPBX from your point of view?
In combination with Grandstream Wave or Linphone a good alternative to 3CX App?

I am looking for additional personal opinions with reasons.

bcmike

Jun 7, 2018
If 3CX works for you and your install is small, I'd stick with that. However beyond that scope I find 3CX too limiting when it comes to customizing anything.

I come from a FreePBX background (all the way back to when it was called AMP) and the reasons I moved to Fusion PBX were A) It has a really good and straight forward multi tenant core B) Provisioning is tightly integrated and the templating system is easy to work with. As happy bonus I've enjoyed getting to know Freeswitch.

I personally deploy counterpath soft phones.

Reactions: Tobias.F

Tobias.F

Aug 2, 2020
However beyond that scope I find 3CX too limiting when it comes to customizing anything.

This I noticed, not because I really need it but I like to have the possibility to change or adopt something. It is like Apple. If you like it, fine. It just works and it works good. But if you want to have it different, no chance.

I personally deploy counterpath soft phones.

This I will try out as next if there is a free test version available.

The 3CX app I really like. So far I tested Grandstream Wave and Linphone in combination with FusionPBX.

Missing on 3CX I do the possibility of shared group voice mailbox or the possibility to get access to voice mailbox of other users. This was my motivation to look for alternatives. I will continue to "play" with FusionPBX and I will give a trial to Counterpath softphone if there is a free test version available.

Status
Not open for further replies.