Where is the freeswitch in fusionpbx installed by default?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiastar_alex

Jun 26, 2018
Hello:
I installed the fusionpbx with a script. I want to install the sangoma E1 card, need to recompile freeswitch. I did not find the freeswitch directory in the /usr/local/ directory. Where is the freeswitch in fusionpbx installed by default?

Thanks.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Freeswitch is installed by packages not compiled, why do you need to compile, is there not a module for it?

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Actually, a quick look with apt search freeswitch produces no mention of tdm, they mustn't be building it.

SilkBC

Nov 24, 2017
There is a "freetdm.conf" file in '/etc/freeswitch' on my FusionPBX install. There is an entry in there for a Sangoma E1 card as well. Is there in fact an actual module that needs to be built for the card to work?

I would suspect the 'freetdm.conf' file wouldn't exist unless FreeSwitch was built with FreeTDM support?

(I am just guessing; I really am not sure, but it seems like common sense to me)

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
The conf files will be there regardless, they get installed my a conf package.

The modules that actually get loaded are in modules.conf.xml

There does not seem to be a debian package built for freetdm that I can see this would mean that you have to do a full source install.

jamesa

Jun 28, 2018
yes, there is no freetdm.so for debain package, but we want to rebuild freeswitch by compiling the source code. the problem now is fusionpbx changed the default install directory for freeswitch. we can to find any so file directory installed in fusionpbx.

hiastar_alex

Jun 26, 2018
I compile freeswitch with source code, all so files are under /usr/local/freeswitch/mod. There is no freeswitch directory after fusionpbx installation Can you tell me where the freeswitch is installed when the fusionpbx is installed?
TIM截图20180718164018.png

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
All this config info by the way is in Default settings/Switch section:

freeswitchconf.jpg

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Also, just to correct you. FusionPBX didn't change the default ANYTHING. If you install freeswitch from packages on a raw debian system it puts the files in exactly the same place. In fact, fusionpbx during installation simply queries freeswitch itself to find ou the file locations.

Status
Not open for further replies.