Zoiper Registration

chind

Aug 30, 2019
I have a client who insists on using a softphone on their cell. We were using Grandstream Wave Lite but since that has now been made obsolete I recommended Zoiper. Which is what they are now using and have purchased a Zoiper plan and so they are using the PUSH service. They are now getting an error saying that they are connecting to a server with a low re-registration time. Under Advanced>SIP Profiles I have found "registration-thread-frequesncy" which is set to 30 but not activated. Do we think this would be the timer I should change? Trouble is Zoiper seems to want the registration timer set to 10 minutes!! This is obviously way too long for my other clients so can the registration time be changer on a domain basis?

So to summarise:
How do I change the registration timer?
Can this timer be changed per domain?

Thanks in anticipation for your help.

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
Why do you need such short registration times? In most cases 1800 or 3600 seconds is fine. Short registration times can seriously increase the workload on you server if you have subscriptions and BLFs etc.

A push server being static will generally want a 3600 second registration or even longer.
The Zoiper documentation should guide you through setting the registration expires period.

chind

Aug 30, 2019
Thanks for your reply.

I don't think I'm understanding though. It is the Zoiper App that is saying there is a fault that the registration time is too low. I haven't changed anything on the fusionpbx so everything is default. It's really a case of finding the registration time to increase it to please the Zoiper app. I'm just unsure where to look for said timer.

Thanks