3-Way Conference Button - No dial tone - Does not call 3rd party

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngeliaT911

Apr 4, 2020
Texas
www.msptrw.com
Grandstream GXP2160s - Latest Firmware - New client

This does work when testing from our GXP2160s. The issue seems to be for all phones of this single client.

• User places or receives a call
  • Presses the conference button (icon with 3 people on it)
  • No dial tone at this point (there should be)
  • Try to dial a 2nd number - nothing happens when you press the Dial softkey or button

This is a new client is a multi-domain setup. Is there something I must add in the dialplan that would allow this 3-way call button to work?

The log files I see - the 2nd call never appears in them, so it is not getting dialed. This is a very remote site, so I can't go look myself. I did listen as they tested things and there is no dial tone when they press the 3-way call button.

I will be comparing dialplans tonight, but any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
This sounds more like a phone issue, but try assigning a second "line" button for the same account. I've seen some Grandstreams have trouble with 3 way calling and even transfers unless there were two "line appearances"
1605196109379.png

Reactions: AngeliaT911

AngeliaT911

Apr 4, 2020
Texas
www.msptrw.com
Thank you for the suggestion. I did find a work-around and did not get it posted here as the client just verified it worked yesterday. The below is what I sent my client

• Make or receive a phone call like you normally do
  • Press the line 4 button (blue or blank background) and make a call – I changed this from a call parking button to a second line button (it will show your name and extension when you press it)
    • When you do this, the first call is placed on hold
  • After the second caller answers, press the Conference button and then press the Line 1 button

Attachments

• gxp2160-phone-2-line-4.jpg
    gxp2160-phone-2-line-4.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 3
Status
Not open for further replies.