how to limit outbound calls using group type

Status
Not open for further replies.

wa4zlw

Jun 7, 2019
Blandon, PA
www.myinternetsupport.com
Hi there

I've been rummaging through the doc trying to figure out how to use expressions to no avail.

What I'd like to do is on my +1 outbound route hangup or route an outbound call from a call center agent to a recording that its not allowed and then hangup

I know it's a dialplan thing but I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around this. Is there info on how expressions are used?

Thanks leon

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
It might help if you better explain what you are attempting to do and/or post your current dialplan etc.

Also search these forums for "toll allow" it will probably help with what it sounds like you are attempting.

Reactions: JamesBorne

wa4zlw

Jun 7, 2019
Blandon, PA
We have call center agents. they have mistakenly dialed +1 instead of the codes 80 81 or 82 prefixing the number which has caused all sorts of grief with our customers.

So I want to restrict access to the +1 outbound route to anything BUT Call Center Agents (the group all the agents are in). If an agent tries to dial +1 instead of the required outbound codes the PBX will play an error message and then hangup.

I've attached our +1 outbound route.

Thanks leon

Attachments

• pbx-outbound route.png
    pbx-outbound route.png
    43.3 KB · Views: 47

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
As @ad5ou said Toll Allow will probably help. You can certainly use it to stop extensions getting an outbound route by dialing +1. You would need to do extra work to play an error message.

If you add another condition to your Vitelity outbound route, just below the user_exists condition:
condition ${toll_allow} vitelity

Now only extensions that have the string "vitelity" in their Toll Allow field will be able to use this outbound route.

https://docs.fusionpbx.com/en/latest/additional_information/toll_allow.html

wa4zlw

Jun 7, 2019
Blandon, PA
As @ad5ou said Toll Allow will probably help. You can certainly use it to stop extensions getting an outbound route by dialing +1. You would need to do extra work to play an error message.

If you add another condition to your Vitelity outbound route, just below the user_exists condition:
condition ${toll_allow} vitelity

Now only extensions that have the string "vitelity" in their Toll Allow field will be able to use this outbound route.

https://docs.fusionpbx.com/en/latest/additional_information/toll_allow.html

GM Adrian....ok so what would we need to do to add the playing of an announcement then hangup ontollfree not matching. If toll free also has something like domestic,local how can i filter that as well? Is it by using a pipe | ?

Agents can dial anything from their soft phone. we are restricting them to use prefix codes only.

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
If the extension has domestic,local as a toll_allow entry, your route could include a condition to check for either word and it would match. If you have a "local" route and a "domestic" route, that user would be able to access both routes.

To play an error message, it would just need a new custom route built. After the condition matching entries add
actionanswer
actionsleep1500
actionplaybackpath/to/filename.wav
actionhangup

wa4zlw

Jun 7, 2019
Blandon, PA
HI BTW I am WA4ZLW :)

I mentioned local,domestic as I believe that was the default when we installed but we dont have that. What I'd like to do is for all the agents have their TOLLFREE variable set to AGENT. But I guess it is easier to have all the non=agents set to NOAGENT and then put TOLLFREE(NOAGENT) in +1 route.

so what i'd like to do is have the +1 route match NOAGENT which we've figured out but also play a message and then hangup. do I need to have a separate route to do this?

I'm trying to wrap my head around pbx programming so I can pick it up and run with it.

thanks 73 leon

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
be careful with using AGENT and NOAGENT. Depending on your conditions you may end up with odd behavior. For example if you built a condition to match AGENT, both words would match that condition.

The message above shows the lines needed to answer call, playback error message, then hang up. I can post a full dial plan later today if needed.

wa4zlw

Jun 7, 2019
Blandon, PA
ok @ad5ou that makes sense. yeah a full diaplan using the one I posted originally would be great. I will change noagent to manager and agent on the agent extensions. for now we'll check if a manager we'll allow 1+. the name is immaterial we might change it but I get what you're saying on that

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
You can attack the problem many ways. If using the toll_allow condition, you would want to use 2 outbound routes for +1 dialing. One for agents that shouldn't dial it that way then another for those allowed to. The dialplan for agents should have a lower priority than the permissive dial plan.
1574435682101.png
In the above example, if an extension has toll_allow=AGENt and dials +12125550000 they will get a message to try again. The "${toll_allow}" condition can be any variable really.
if all of your agents have "call group" assigned as something unique from other users, you could use that to test against.
You could also test the userid/callerid etc.

If editing users is painful due to number of users to edit, you might want to look into the optional fusionpbx app "bulk_account_settings"
https://github.com/fusionpbx/fusionpbx-apps/tree/master/bulk_account_settings

wa4zlw

Jun 7, 2019
Blandon, PA
ok found that in the route. but I still have to create two outbound routes. too bad tehre's no way to do it all in one route. Is there somewhere that explains how the rules actually work? The lower priority is the "order" when defining the rule?

many thanks

wa4zlw

Jun 7, 2019
Blandon, PA
Gm ok I've got thsi as another rule but it doesnt seem to work I think it's because I'm testing from my user which has multiple groups defined? I guess I have to somehow have to snip Call Center Agents out to test? In my case and even the agents they're members of multiple groups.

1574524003176.png

Status
Not open for further replies.