SOLVED No entries in CDR

Status
Not open for further replies.

daddydrazen

Nov 7, 2022
Hello,

I have a problem and I can't solve it for days now. I have found couple of threads here dealing with the same problem and some of them are marked as solved but none of them did any good for me.

After I installed a fresh new FusionPBX I set it up and started using it (5.2.0). I set all the extensions, routes and stuff and didn't pay much attention to other stuff. Couple of days ago client contacted me and said there are no entries in CDR and no conversation recordings. After some investigation I fugured out that there are XML files on the server but they are simply not shown in the CDR. Also recordings are there, too, sitting in the Archive folder.

I tried everything I could found, all the suggestions and it didn't help. I tried compiling modules like member Anand suggested in this thread
It didn't help.

I tried downgrade both to 5.1 and 5.0.1 branches like explained here
in "Move to different branch section", and also here
described by user "smn".

I tried all the other suggestions from other threads like changing the modules settings, changing the default menu settings and nothing helped.

I have other servers and all of them are 5.0.5 version and these are working fine. All of them are running on debian. It looks like this is really common problem with 5.2.0 installation but I couldn't find anywhere clear explanation why is that and how to solve it.

Can anyone help me with this?

Also, is there a way to pull a complete installation for older version, like 5.1 or 5.0.1 without following installing procedure and then do the donwgrade? I tried that too with adding -b 5.0.1 for branch in install config file after pre-install script finish and before I start install.sh script but didn't have luck. I think that installation stuck somewhere down the road(can't remember exactly at the moment).

Any help and direction in a right way is more than welcome.

Thank you all in advance.

daddydrazen

Nov 7, 2022
I need to reply to myself since nobody else replied and maybe somebody will be looking for the answers.

I forgot to mention in my initial post that my FusionPBX was running on Debian. And it is completely new installation, from the scratches. All the modifications that were described in a some of the threads I mentioned in my first post are already implemented in FPBX code (thanks to #markjcrane ) with 5.2 version (the current one). I tried bunch of stuff, and nothing helped, some of the modules looks like does not even exist.
Then I decided to go with Ubuntu. I installed it, made extension and tried couple af calls and voila CDR logs are there. SO it is definitely something with Debian installation, and my advice is go to Ubuntu, :)

I also pulled old 5.1 branch by changing branch version in install config file and installed it from the beginning too but the problem remained this way too.

So bottom line here is, go to Ubuntu and you will have not CDR missing problem.

Cheers!

cagriaksu

Feb 23, 2024
This is strange, because I'm having the same problem at the moment but just on 1 of my servers, which all of them running Debian.

I hope that somebody finds a solution to this.

ardyhash

Jan 7, 2021
I lost CDR when updating Fusion not too long ago. Followed upgrade instructions which I found either here or the official docs and after completing the steps there they started to work again, if not mistaken theres a service that's now responsible for cdr, make sure its installed and running.

cagriaksu

Feb 23, 2024
I lost CDR when updating Fusion not too long ago. Followed upgrade instructions which I found either here or the official docs and after completing the steps there they started to work again, if not mistaken theres a service that's now responsible for cdr, make sure its installed and running.

Is there any chance that you remember the name of the service? Official docs are not helping at the moment :(

daddydrazen

Nov 7, 2022
This is strange, because I'm having the same problem at the moment but just on 1 of my servers, which all of them running Debian.

I hope that somebody finds a solution to this.
I have another 3 servers that are running on Debian but it is a 5.0.5 FusionPBX there and I never upgraded those. They are working just fine. But I needed to install another one for some project we have and that one I couldn't make CDR working. I followed all of the instructions and have read I don't know how many threads here and all over the internet and couldn't solve it. Since this was a brand new installation and not active yet, I could play with it so I decided to try it with Ubuntu. And it worked. I tried to use 5.1.0 branch too on Debian and no joy.

daddydrazen

Nov 7, 2022
Debian or Ubuntu? I did not upgrading and TBH with you I will not any time soon until I see its working correctly on debian. Maybe I will try to copy one of my existing Debian servers and try upgrade there, just for fun and to play a little bit.

Prior to version 5.1.0 HTTP post was used and now they are using file system import for CDR and all of those changes from the instructions you used are already included in the current 5.2.0 version (I checked instructions on changing the code in old post from October 2023 with the code on actual Github version and compared it and I can say that #marjcrane already included those in the newest version).

Really don't know how to solve this Debian situation so I gave up and choose easier path. :)

cagriaksu

Feb 23, 2024
This is really strange because afaik developers are using debian :)

And why is it working on 1 installation and not on the other? So many questions :)

ardyhash

Jan 7, 2021
Thanks for the feedback @cagriaksu, @daddydrazen can you please try the upgrade steps and mark this as closed if it works for you? (I know you have a fresh install and not an upgrade, but there's always the possibility that some steps didn't go as planned in the install so its worth a shot.

daddydrazen

Nov 7, 2022
I did create another test server, so it's in the AWS environment, Debian 12. I made clean installation and after it finished, when i made test calls no CDR entries. Then I followed the steps that @cagriaksu described and after completing and rebooting the server, CDR logs are finally there.

Thanks @cagriaksu. TBH with you I didn't even see this upgrade instructions on FPBX website. My bad. I did looked at it but I just glanced it because it said upgrade from 5.1 to 5.2 and I was installing latest version anyway so didn't pay much attention. But as @ardyhash wisely said "there's always possibility that some steps didn't go as planned in the install so its worth a shot.

Thank you guys once again, glad we solved this although I don't get it why does it work on one and it doesn't work on another platform after clean install.

cagriaksu

Feb 23, 2024
I did create another test server, so it's in the AWS environment, Debian 12. I made clean installation and after it finished, when i made test calls no CDR entries. Then I followed the steps that @cagriaksu described and after completing and rebooting the server, CDR logs are finally there.

Thanks @cagriaksu. TBH with you I didn't even see this upgrade instructions on FPBX website. My bad. I did looked at it but I just glanced it because it said upgrade from 5.1 to 5.2 and I was installing latest version anyway so didn't pay much attention. But as @ardyhash wisely said "there's always possibility that some steps didn't go as planned in the install so its worth a shot.

Thank you guys once again, glad we solved this although I don't get it why does it work on one and it doesn't work on another platform after clean install.
I'm glad that it did worked out for you, and honestly I saw that instructions on your first post in this thread :) anyway, we now know how to fix this issue and maybe developers also may benefit from this outcome.

ardyhash

Jan 7, 2021
Cool, thanks for the feedback. I'm somewhat newly active here but seems there's a tradition to mark these things as solved once validated. I don't see the option but maybe the OP @daddydrazen has such an option for this thread and @cagriaksu for this thread ? If not I kindly ask a moderator to mark this and that as solved by following the upgrade instructions.

cagriaksu

Feb 23, 2024
@ardyhash, I believe that this is caused by the installation scripts but I don't know any detail.

Because I've installed the same VDS with debian 11, upgraded to debian 12, installed fusionpbx, and noticed that the iptables rules were not applied. This is not happening for the first time either, but I don't know why. I have re-run iptables.sh after that and it fixed the rules, and I made some test calls, CDR is working out of the box :)

This is a strange behaviour because it is exactly the same server and same installation steps that I do.

Anyway I hope that this helps other people :)

ardyhash

Jan 7, 2021
The install script does a lot and I doubt anybody watches it like a hawk or saves/reviews its output. While there's great value and wisdom to be learned from troubleshooting issues there's also certain wisdom to treating infrastructure as ephemeral and retaining only what matters. Perhaps some playbooks or terraform (don't even know what to call them, scripts?) could replace the install scripts some day, but then again if it ain't broke don't fix it, and the fact that the install script works sometimes tells me it ain't entirely broke.

Reactions: cagriaksu
Status
Not open for further replies.