1.8.6 Audio Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

screwloose

Feb 5, 2017
Hi Guys

Just checking if anyone that upgraded to 1.8.6 is able to using paging and conferencing anymore. We did a update on the weekend and now all the pages and conferences have no audio. Just the CNG sound is coming out of the handsets.

Is anyone else seeing this issue?

markjcrane

Staff member
Jul 22, 2018
You are the second person I think that have reported issues. I think it should be tested further by more people before being used in production.

screwloose

Feb 5, 2017
Just for those who are having the same issue and want to down grade

wget -qO - http://freeswitch.sip247.com/debian/freeswitch-stable-amd64/fs-stretch.gpg.key | apt-key add -
echo "deb http://freeswitch.sip247.com/debian/freeswitch-stable-amd64/ stretch main" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/freeswitch.list
apt-get remove freeswitch
apt-get autoremove
apt-get remove freeswitch-mod-commands freeswitch-conf-vanilla freeswitch-mod-logfile freeswitch-mod-console
apt-get remove libfreeswitch1

Then line by line
apt-get install -y freeswitch-meta-bare freeswitch-conf-vanilla freeswitch-mod-commands freeswitch-mod-console freeswitch-mod-logfile
apt-get install -y freeswitch-lang-en freeswitch-mod-say-en freeswitch-sounds-en-us-callie
apt-get install -y freeswitch-mod-enum freeswitch-mod-cdr-csv freeswitch-mod-event-socket freeswitch-mod-sofia freeswitch-mod-sofia-dbg freeswitch-mod-loopback
apt-get install -y freeswitch-mod-conference freeswitch-mod-db freeswitch-mod-dptools freeswitch-mod-expr freeswitch-mod-fifo freeswitch-mod-httapi
apt-get install -y freeswitch-mod-hash freeswitch-mod-esl freeswitch-mod-esf freeswitch-mod-fsv freeswitch-mod-valet-parking freeswitch-mod-dialplan-xml freeswitch-dbg
apt-get install -y freeswitch-mod-sndfile freeswitch-mod-native-file freeswitch-mod-local-stream freeswitch-mod-tone-stream freeswitch-mod-lua freeswitch-meta-mod-say
apt-get install -y freeswitch-mod-xml-cdr freeswitch-mod-verto freeswitch-mod-callcenter freeswitch-mod-rtc freeswitch-mod-png freeswitch-mod-json-cdr freeswitch-mod-shout
apt-get install -y freeswitch-mod-sms freeswitch-mod-sms-dbg freeswitch-mod-cidlookup freeswitch-mod-memcache
apt-get install -y freeswitch-mod-imagick freeswitch-mod-tts-commandline freeswitch-mod-directory
apt-get install -y freeswitch-mod-flite freeswitch-mod-distributor freeswitch-meta-codecs
apt-get install -y freeswitch-music-default

apt-get remove -y freeswitch-systemd
cp /usr/src/fusionpbx-install.sh/debian/resources/switch/source/freeswitch.service.package /lib/systemd/system/freeswitch.service
cp /usr/src/fusionpbx-install.sh/debian/resources/switch/source/etc.default.freeswitch.package /etc/default/freeswitch
chmod 644 /lib/systemd/system/freeswitch.service
systemctl enable freeswitch
systemctl unmask freeswitch.service
systemctl daemon-reload
systemctl start freeswitch

Thanks for everyones help. This is only a rough guide. Its 3:30 AM here and i'm sleep deprived. Thanks

Last edited:

mingus

Mar 23, 2018
I can also confirm that this is happening. I was able to duplicate it using a fresh FusionPBX install using the default install script.

screwloose

Feb 5, 2017
I can also confirm that this is happening. I was able to duplicate it using a fresh FusionPBX install using the default install script.
Thanks for checking. I thought i was going out of my mind till others said it was happening to them too.

mingus

Mar 23, 2018
I have found a workaround for those that want to continue using 1.8.6. Simply replace the 1.8.6 mod/mod_conference.* files with those from 1.8.5. It's currently working perfectly.

Reactions: marco114

ZPM

Nov 15, 2017
I can confirm paging and conference are broke in 1.8.6, I really miss 1.8.4 right now.

Reactions: yukon

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Sorry, I'm having to pull my repo down. mcrane is complaining I'm violating his licence, fix to follow that doesn't break it.

markjcrane

Staff member
Jul 22, 2018
Issues that are related to FreeSWITCH should be reported to them on Jira. Jira is their bug tracking system. This would allow FreeSWITCH to fix the problem and future updates will include the fix. Telling people to use a different repo doesn't help FreeSWITCH continue to get better.
https://freeswitch.org/jira/secure/Dashboard.jspa

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
It took freeswitch FIVE months to fix the last bug, we haven't a clue how when the next one will be fixed. Once we have a stable we will use the freeswitch packages again. In the meantime, people want an easy solution now and many don't want to go back to compiling from source again.

In the meantime the packages are back without violating any licence:

Code:
wget -O - https://raw.githubusercontent.com/fusionpbx/fusionpbx-install.sh/master/debian/pre-install.sh | sh;

wget -O - https://raw.githubusercontent.com/DigiDaz/fusionpbx-install-mod/master/pre-install.sh | sh;

cd /usr/src/fusionpbx-install.sh/debian && ./install.sh

Reactions: marco114

markjcrane

Staff member
Jul 22, 2018
It took freeswitch FIVE months to fix the last bug

It was fixed when we got serious and really helped FreeSWITCH team fully realize this issue we have been facing. We started communicating with them more and it had a positive result.

Has freeswitch fixed this yet officially?

No one has reported it to them.

This conference audio issue I had hoped that other people would submit a Jira but it looks like none of us did so its our own fault. I confirmed the issue last Tuesday night last week. In the evenings last week and I was fixing bugs and improving security. Lets help FreeSWITCH team make it better help each other confirm issues and then submit bug tickets.

people want an easy solution now and many don't want to go back to compiling from source again.

I offered a temporary solution that works. The compile is using the package directories so switching back to packages when the issue is fixed is easy.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
It all sounds so easy, now lets get real....

Someone has installed using packages and now realises that they want mod_nibble bill. How do they go about doing that?

Code:
apt install freeswitch-mod-nibblebill

Someone has installed using source and now realises that they want mod_nibble bill. How do they go about doing that?

?

markjcrane

Staff member
Jul 22, 2018
Run this in the shell.
Code:
sed -i /usr/src/freeswitch/modules.conf -e s:'#applications/mod_nibblebill:applications/mod_nibblebill:'
cd /usr/src/freeswitch
make install
/usr/src/fusionpbx-install.sh/debian/resources/switch/./package-permissions.sh

Make sure the module is enabled and started using Menu -> Advanced -> Modules.

Or you can manually modify the file with your favorite editor
Code:
nano /usr/src/freeswitch/modules.conf

Then remove the # in front of the module you want. Then run this.

Code:
cd /usr/src/freeswitch
make install
/usr/src/fusionpbx-install.sh/debian/resources/switch/./package-permissions.sh

marco114

Jun 23, 2019
Winston Salem, NC
www.falconinternet.net
Just confirming we also have this issue with Debian 9 / FS 1.8.6 , but not on on Debian 8 with FS 1.6.20
It took freeswitch FIVE months to fix the last bug, we haven't a clue how when the next one will be fixed. Once we have a stable we will use the freeswitch packages again. In the meantime, people want an easy solution now and many don't want to go back to compiling from source again.

In the meantime the packages are back without violating any licence:

Code:
wget -O - https://raw.githubusercontent.com/fusionpbx/fusionpbx-install.sh/master/debian/pre-install.sh | sh;

wget -O - https://raw.githubusercontent.com/DigiDaz/fusionpbx-install-mod/master/pre-install.sh | sh;

cd /usr/src/fusionpbx-install.sh/debian && ./install.sh

I built this on a VM then copied /usr/lib/freeswitch/mod/mod_conference.so to my 1.8.6 and paging is working again. not sure if this is the best way to go about it, but it works.

SBTech

Jul 28, 2017
Just found this because I was having issues with 1.8.6 that I upgraded to last week, looks like 1.8.7 was released and fixes this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.