SOLVED 100 Number Block Inbound Route

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barnzey90

Jan 24, 2019
Hi all, first post to the forum (and also first Fusion setup).
I've found these forums extremely helpful setting everything up however I need a little help with an inbound route for a 100 number block.

We have a 100 number block starting xxxx5000 through xxxx5099 and extensions 200-299. I have been able to set it up using the last two digits of the inbound number to divert the incoming call to the correct extension (so if someone externally calls xxxx5080 it routes to ext 280 etc). I have attached a screenshot of what I have setup so far.

What I need to happen is if someone calls a number for an extension that doesn't exist it routes the call to ext 198 (our time condition extension) so that reception can take the call. I tried adding a second transfer (see in screenshot) and setting continue on fail to true, but it doesn't work, just terminates the call (as does the Toshiba Ph system we are replacing).

So basically
Incoming call from xxxx5080 routes to valid ext 280 --- this works perfectly
Incoming call from xxxx5081 no valid extension -> Routes to ext 198 --- Not working. (note in the screenshot its trying to route to 280 as that my extension so I don't bother the users)

If anyone can assist that would be awesome, Thanks :)
phsys.jpg

EasyBB

Oct 23, 2016
Australia
Once the call is "transferred", it will not come back to the dial plan block.

I haven't tested this but try execute_extension instead of the first transfer and see what happens.

Reactions: Barnzey90

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
As EasyBB mentioned, once the call is transferred, it will never reach the next line in your dial plan.

You could create a new dial plan in "dial plan manager" with conditions to check the called number and $user_exists=false then transfer to your desired destination.

Reactions: JamesBorne
Status
Not open for further replies.