407 Proxy Authentication Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex.K

Mar 4, 2020
Hey, everyone.

Newbie's question - I've installed latest freeSwitch w/ FusionPBX on Ubuntu 18.04 for testing/eduacational purpose.
It runs on server. I've faced some issues with fpm and nginx, but its in the past.

The problem is when I make a call to my extension I receive an error.
If I call from extension outside there is no ringback, and audio after pick up from one side.
I checked iptables, firewall, seems to me all is good.

Attachments

• sd6.png
    sd6.png
    55 KB · Views: 61

mingus

Mar 23, 2018
Hi, Alex. Your screenshot doesn't show the entire dialog between the FreeSWITCH server and your client device. Nonetheless, it sounds like you are describing two different things.
  1. The Proxy Authentication response by FreeSwitch is normal. That's done to ensure that others cannot send INVITE requests to your FreeSwitch server from unauthorized user agents. When all things are configured correctly, your device should send another INVITE with the authentication credentials.

2. The one-sided audio is usually a firewall/nat issue. It's likely that your own firewall is fouling up the transmission of the audio media. Make sure you have Application Layer Gateway (ALG), also known as SIP HELPER on some routers, disabled.
There may be other NAT issues but without the SDP info on the packet, it's hard to tell exactly what's happening with the audio.

I hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.