*724 Limitations

Status
Not open for further replies.

markm

May 10, 2021
i am looking into setting up a process so a single button press can either play a recorded message or like page all extensions in a domain at one time. Using the *724 feature, I can do the page extensions, but curios of extension limitations. I have roughly 800 to 900 at a single location.

Scenario 1: Press button, all phones go *724 - Say message that pages all devices.
Scenario 2: Press button, pushed pre recorded message to all devices at once (not 100 at a time via Call Broadcast).

Curious of limitations mainly or ideas on method I have not thought about.

Thanks

hfoster

Jan 28, 2019
It's a big blast of invites, for the most part it will probably be fine but you'll really have to test it out yourself. I can't remember if it requires upping the FreeSwitch limits to beyond 30 sessions per second or not.

I recommend if your phones have the capability and you are on the same broadcast domain; to use multicast paging. This is an efficient method of sending pages to countless phones at once. It will probably require tweaking the provisioning template so all the phone listen in on a user specified address and port.

TimGuyUK

Feb 28, 2018
Hi

This question is relevant to something Im having trouble with currently. That is, that I am trying to page 50 Yealink T41 and I can only get 30 to respond. Ive been pulling my hair out with environment, firmware, switch firmware, switch snooping etc but I never thought there might be a limit to the sessions per second. Could this be what Ive hit?

Is this the setting to change?

In /etc/freeswitch/autoload_configs/switch.conf.xml the value:

<param name="sessions-per-second" value="30"/>

Has anyone changed theirs? Run into any issues?

Cheers

Tim

markm

May 10, 2021
It's a big blast of invites, for the most part it will probably be fine but you'll really have to test it out yourself. I can't remember if it requires upping the FreeSwitch limits to beyond 30 sessions per second or not.

I recommend if your phones have the capability and you are on the same broadcast domain; to use multicast paging. This is an efficient method of sending pages to countless phones at once. It will probably require tweaking the provisioning template so all the phone listen in on a user specified address and port.
Thanks. Will look into this. I use this on a few other domains. Good idea.

hfoster

Jan 28, 2019
Has anyone changed theirs? Run into any issues?
Yeh, we do it all the time. The default out of the box config for FreeSwitch is designed for a medium sized PBX. I'd up it to at least the number of extensions you have.

The only thing to look out for is performance issues if it's too many, by watching CPU usage.

Reactions: TimGuyUK

TimGuyUK

Feb 28, 2018
Yeh, we do it all the time. The default out of the box config for FreeSwitch is designed for a medium sized PBX. I'd up it to at least the number of extensions you have.

The only thing to look out for is performance issues if it's too many, by watching CPU usage.
Thanks mate.. I up'ed mine and it solved my paging issue. That's been killing me for weeks.

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.