adding agent_authorized = true to the dial plan for agent log in/out

ConFusious

New Member
Dec 1, 2020
20
0
1
51
The Fusion PBX document say that to eliminate the need for an agent password it is needed to add agent_authorized = true to the dial plan. I attempted to do this but I am doing it wrong. I have searched the net for an answer and checked the forum but don't find the exact settings. I have attempted to add this as a new setting. Is that correct or should I be editing the agent_status entry? Thank you for any help shown.
 

ConFusious

New Member
Dec 1, 2020
20
0
1
51
Ok here is a screen shot of me doing it wrong. I have no idea of how to properly modify the access code for agent status.
 

Attachments

  • Dial Plan Agent Status.png
    Dial Plan Agent Status.png
    55.3 KB · Views: 12

atmosphere617

Member
May 19, 2018
31
4
8
You need to set it inside a condition that is actually matched. If you are dialing *22 that bottom condition never gets parsed.

It's also in the wrong spot. You need to set the variable before invoking the lua script. I would set it in both condition blocks before the "lua" action.
 
Last edited:

ConFusious

New Member
Dec 1, 2020
20
0
1
51
Thank you Atmosphere 617 for attempting to help. I attempted to do what I thought you were saying screenshot attached. It still ask me for the password. I have read some of the information on the link you provided but I only have a production machine to play with so I'm not going to play around with that. My intention is to set up my own server to play with but until I can do that I am relying upon friendly souls to help an old man out. I have been thrown into this position of working on something I know nothing about.
 

Attachments

  • Dial Plan Agent Status 2.png
    Dial Plan Agent Status 2.png
    54.9 KB · Views: 3

ConFusious

New Member
Dec 1, 2020
20
0
1
51
Thank you for your help. I just changed condition to action and it still ask for the password. I know I am frustratingly dense. I can understand some of what these cryptic entries mean but most of it is as understandable to me as cuneiform wedges.
 

Attachments

  • Dial Plan Agent Status 3.png
    Dial Plan Agent Status 3.png
    56 KB · Views: 5

atmosphere617

Member
May 19, 2018
31
4
8
You're dialing *22 and it's asking for a password still?

Hard to say, that should definitely work. You'd have to look at the log to see what is going on exactly. Maybe the cache isn't getting flushed when you update the GUI. You could check the cache file to verify it matches up to what you have there.
 

ConFusious

New Member
Dec 1, 2020
20
0
1
51
I will look into what he cache file is as I don't know what it is or what part it plays. Inn the meantime, leaving the dial plan configuration as shown above, I tried just deleting the agent password. This time I get reorder tone. Adding it back I still get reorder. I deleted the agent and the queue and added them back with the agent password and still reorder. Then I went to the Dialplan Manager and restored the Agent Status to its original form. Same results. I thought that I had hosed the software system wide so I went to another domain and created a queue and an agent and it worked properly. Going back to the domain I am trying to set up I copied the agent status xml and the one from the domain that works. They look exactly the same except for the uuid.
 

Attachments

  • agent status xml.png
    agent status xml.png
    20.5 KB · Views: 3

ConFusious

New Member
Dec 1, 2020
20
0
1
51
I googled the cache file and see where it is and the files it contains and is owner and permissions. there is a database file for the domain I am working on. It doesn't look like what I entered. I should have copied it but I didn't. I don't know its purpose as that has not been revealed by searching. I assume it is to hold entries until the memory has time to catch up with writing into the database. I went to sip status and pressed the clear cache button but all the files in var/cache/fusionpbx remained. I read about other uses manually deleting them so I held my breath and deleted the dialplan for my domain. All the codes except *22 still worked. So in essence I took a working feature code and somehow hosed it. I'm going to create a new different queue and agent and see it it works.
 

ConFusious

New Member
Dec 1, 2020
20
0
1
51
Ok I discovered that when I re created the old queue I did not go back and enter the agent name after I made the agent. when I did that *22 started working again. Just because i just can't leave well enough alone I thought I would repeat deleting the password from the agent and once again it breaks *22. So I deleted the agent and added it back in and re entered it into the queue but it is still broke. I hate this pbx platform more and more each time I fool with it. I just tried doing all the things I did before to make it work again and I can't. I did discover that you have to be quick to look at the folder for the cache once you press clear cache in SIP Status because it rebuilds them quickly.