Adding Domains and connecting

Status
Not open for further replies.

toolfolks

May 1, 2020
Hy guys,

I have been able to connect locally with GSWave and IP phones with the following settings

Phone
User = 100
Pass = 100
SipServer = 'myextIPAddress'

GSWave

User = 100
Pass = 100

When I add another domain eg 'toolfolks' what settings do I change to connect to the new domain.

Will this change the settings for the original domain. I can't find anything in the docs ( unless I'm being stupid )

Finally if I loose the plot with all the various settings is there a 'reset to default' command I can use to start again.

Cheers

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
If you make a backup of your database just after a fresh install, then restoring the DB will pretty much give you a 'reset to default'. Its a good idea to make backups regularly because then you can always restore to a given point in time, helpful when you are 'playing'. If you are running in a virtual machine, you may have the option to take snapshots of the VM and then restore a snapshot as required.

A new domain is completely separate from the others.

When you add a new domain, you simply add extensions and gateways to it as you probably did for your first domain. I always use FQDNs so when you put xxx.yyy.co.uk into your phones setting it will actually resolve to your FusionPBX box. But if you are running a local DNS server that will do the resolving for you, then you can pretty much make up whatever you like. Some routers like the Mikroitik have very capable DNS servers built in.

I can appreciate the steep learning curve being both new to Fusion and Linux, once you get to know Linux, I'm sure you will find it much easier to work with than Micr**oft.

toolfolks

May 1, 2020
So if I create a new domain called test.toolfolks.com

What would be the settings to connect

Phone
User = 100
Pass = 100

GSWave

User = 100
Pass = 100

Where do I add test.toolfolks.com ?

So they can find this domain ?

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
First, make sure that test.toolfolks.com resolves to the IP address of your FusionPBX box. It currently does not resolve at all.
Code:
adrian@a2es-firework:~$ nslookup test.toolfolks.com
Server:        192.168.6.1
Address:    192.168.6.1#53

** server can't find test.toolfolks.com: NXDOMAIN

If you have access to add a DNS record to toolfolks.com, then do so, it should point to the IP address of your Fusion Server. The technical term is adding an A record to your Zone file:
Code:
Hostname            Type    TTL        Priority    Content
test.toolfolks.com    A        1800                188.xxx.xxx.xxx

Then, in FusionPBX create a domain called test.toolfolks.com, and in that domain create your extension(s) then in the device:

User = 100
Pass = 100
SipServer = 'test.toolfolks.com'

I hope that makes sense, if not PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.