After adding Emergency Caller ID Info Phones wont connect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 30, 2018
Hi, Basically what is in the title, I had a few phones that did not have emergency caller ID name and number listed for the extension. I added the emergency info to the extensions and then I lost all my registrations to the system (some had the emergency info and others did not). I tried to check fail2ban to see if something had been blocked but I am not really seeing anything, I tried to add my IP to whitelist just to be safe (hope I didn't mess more up while doing this). I have a few ATAs used for fax machines and they seem to register, but none of the phones will register to my server. I have a smaller server that has just a handful of phones on it that I have not migrated to my main server yet, and it did the same thing after adding the emergency caller ID info, so it isn't just this server.

Actually as I am typing this one of my phones rang and it is registered, so out of 5 phones in my office only one has connected to my server. All other phones at my site and my other customers are not connecting. So this would rule out fail2ban wouldn't it?

Hope I am just missing something dumb that I needed to do after this.

Thanks,

Jan 30, 2018
I think I may have solved it, I rebooted the phones (again) and they seem to be connecting now. I had already rebooted them a couple times, but now it seemed to work.

hfoster

Jan 28, 2019
One thing that happens at our company a lot is someone doesn't use our internally configured edge browser, and their password manager overwrites the password on save or something.

Other than that, hard to tell without logs or a SIP trace.

Status
Not open for further replies.