Agent Status Idle vs Waiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffik

Nov 26, 2018
Hello Group. We have 3 queues with a small (less than 10 agents) in the queues. All but one agent status shows 'waiting'. The one shows 'idle'. The agents with status 'waiting' are receiving calls. The agent with status ‘idle’ is not receiving calls. We have looked at many settings, removed and re-created the agent. The agent has signed in and out and back in and is still in idol and not reciting calls. Does anybody have any ideas about this? Thanks in advance

Attachments

• image001.png
    image001.png
    39.1 KB · Views: 8

jeffik

Nov 26, 2018

ict2842: Thanks for your reply and suggestion where to work. I did a search for ‘agent state’ I found a State table. It shows what you described about idle and waiting. So now I understand the difference. So I have one agent whose state is idle while all the others who are logged in state is waiting. The agent in idle is logging in the same way the others are logging in. So how can an agent state be changed from idle to waiting? Thanks

ict2842

Mar 2, 2021
Wichita, KS
I honestly have no queue...but now I am curious what others can chip in on. It tells us how it gets set to Idle, but not how to get out of the state.

Available​

While an agent's State is 'Waiting', calls will be directed to them. Whenever an agent completes one of those calls, their State is set back to 'Waiting'.

Available (On Demand)​

This is the same as the regular 'Available' Status, except that when the call is terminated, the agent's State is set to 'Idle'. This means the agent won't receive additional calls until his State is changed to 'Waiting'.

jeffik

Nov 26, 2018
Update:
we solved the problem by deleting the agent and re adding. Should have tried that initially.

Thanks

ict2842

Status
Not open for further replies.