allow port 5060 and 7000 for registrations

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrjoli021

Jul 20, 2017
I have a need to allow not just 5060 but 7000 as well for sip registration. I have cloned the internal sip profile and changed the port from 5060 to 7000. I restarted the profile and it says it is running. I am able to see the port is open on it, and sngrep shows registration attempts on that port. On fs_cli I dont see anything coming from port 7000 hitting freeswitch. All registrations from port 7000 are failing. What am I missing?

mrjoli021

Jul 20, 2017
I have iptables open on port 7000. I am seeing the packets come into the box, just not into freeswitch. When I do a telnet to port 7000 something is responding, so the ports are open. When I do an "iptables -L" port 7000 shows up. All I have done is just cloned the internal profile and ONLY changed the port from 5060 to 7000 and restarted the sip profiles.

mrjoli021

Jul 20, 2017
I would agree with you it is something blocking me from connecting on port 7000, but what is weird is that I am able to telnet into that port. This means it is open from a firewall's perspective but somehow it is not hitting freeswitch. I have already checked fail2ban and that IP is not being banned. I see the request coming in, but nothing is responding back. What else would be in front of Freeswitch that I am missing. This is a Debian10 box. The VM is on a cloud provider and I have disabled all their firewall, so only the OS firewall is active. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

mrjoli021

Jul 20, 2017
I would agree with you it is something blocking me from connecting on port 7000, but what is weird is that I am able to telnet into that port. This means it is open from a firewall's perspective but somehow it is not hitting freeswitch. I have already checked fail2ban and that IP is not being banned. I see the request coming in, but nothing is responding back. What else would be in front of Freeswitch that I am missing. This is a Debian10 box. The VM is on a cloud provider and I have disabled all their firewall, so only the OS firewall is active. Any suggestions?
Resolved issue. Telnet uses TCP which worked, but my registration was happening on udp. I opened up udp on the firewall and it worked.
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.