Allowing Provisioned Phones to upload config changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattS

Jan 27, 2020
Jacksonville, FL
I've got a number of Polycom VVX devices that attempt to upload specific configuration files to the config directory as users change ringer volumes and ring tones. Since the uploads are denied, when the devices reset, they go back to default volume and ringer settings.

Has anyone else configured the provision directory for read/write access for authenticated devices?

gking77

Sep 9, 2019
This would be great to know. I have the same issue with the 405 Method Not Allowed. Also, when a user enters an entry into the contact directory from the phone it is deleted after reboot because it is not uploaded. I would be very interested for a solution to this. I have tried modifying directory permissions, etc... no luck. If anybody has any ideas, I’m happy to test.

Alocaurd

Jun 25, 2019
Im also in the same boat, applying manual settings changes for hookswitch mode for customers, and they cannot save their own contacts. I'd prefer to keep using https provisioning, but i guess that isnt possible for polycoms to keep those options available?

MattS

Jan 27, 2020
Jacksonville, FL
The only fix I could find was to use a third party provisioning service, phonism.com. Long term, however, I'm planning to move off of fusionpbx back to freepbx. The nuances of fusionpbx to get multi-tenant, in my opinion is not worth the extra headache.

Status
Not open for further replies.