Alternative hardware to grandstream?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nktech1135

Dec 16, 2017
us
Hi all.
I've got a small deployment, 20/30 endpoints, mostly grandstream, and am wondering, is there something else out there at a similar pricepoint with a similar feature set that people like?
I'm having some random issues with the grandstreams. 'gxp2160s
I know a lot of people like yealink, but they're more expensive.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

nktech1135

Dec 16, 2017
us
I've never used them. Are there provisioning templates?
What do people like about them? and What don't people like about them?

Thanks.

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
We tested a lot of phones from a variety of manufactures back in 2016 and decided to go with Yealink. The phone landscape has certainly changed since 2016 but we will continue with Yealink, they have served us well from a technical and performance point of view and the customers like them.

Reactions: mydigitalself

screwloose

Feb 5, 2017
We use Fanvil. I have been thought quite a few vendors in the early times but settled with Fanvil. The quality is good the price is good. Custoemrs love them they sound great. We have our own auto provisioning templates for them I can send them to you if you like. I'd only be using the x5u x6u x210 as the rest have gone EOL.

Reactions: pnwitguy

Newbee

Apr 15, 2020
Florida
We use Fanvil. I have been thought quite a few vendors in the early times but settled with Fanvil. The quality is good the price is good. Custoemrs love them they sound great. We have our own auto provisioning templates for them I can send them to you if you like. I'd only be using the x5u x6u x210 as the rest have gone EOL.
@screwloose

I would love to get the auto-provisioning templates for XU models

Thanks In advanced

pnwitguy

Dec 22, 2019
Could you send me the templates as well? I'm really liking these fanvil's and I'm pretty set on rolling these out to all my clients. They are built nice, good price, and gosh darn it, people like them! :D

screwloose

Feb 5, 2017
Here are our current configs. They are still work in progress. If everyeone is hapy with them i was going to try and get them added to the GIT.

Attachments

• X5U{$mac}.cfg
    81.3 KB · Views: 5
  • X6U{$mac}.cfg
    79.9 KB · Views: 2
  • x210{$mac}.cfg
    79 KB · Views: 1
  • x210Prev2Firmware{$mac}.cfg
    80.1 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: Newbee

gflow

Aug 25, 2019
I've been using Yealink's for years but recently received a few demo phones for Grandstream's new "carrier grade" like GRP line, they have a single unified firmware. The local Grandstream rep told me they are getting rid of the GXP line over time and they will be replaced with GRP's using the same single firmware.

While I've never used a fanvil phone I've heard they are complete crap and also been told they are on the same level or even better than Grandstream (but still a level below Yealink). Has anybody here used both a high end Fanvil and a Grandstream GRP higher end model and if so how do they compare?

bcmike

Jun 7, 2018
We used Cisco SPA phones (ne Linksys, ne Sipura) for a lot of years, but because Cisco hates hardware that just works we've now moved to Yealink. Honestly we're very fond of the Yealink phones and prefer them to the Ciscos now.

Yealink has some phones that are a very low price point, I'd honestly move to them if I where you.

screwloose

Feb 5, 2017
I've been using Yealink's for years but recently received a few demo phones for Grandstream's new "carrier grade" like GRP line, they have a single unified firmware. The local Grandstream rep told me they are getting rid of the GXP line over time and they will be replaced with GRP's using the same single firmware.

While I've never used a fanvil phone I've heard they are complete crap and also been told they are on the same level or even better than Grandstream (but still a level below Yealink). Has anybody here used both a high end Fanvil and a Grandstream GRP higher end model and if so how do they compare?

We used to use a lot of Yealink phone and had a lot of firmware issues with them. For a while we were showing customers fanvil and Yealink phones and most of the customers picked the Fanvil. The new U series of phones add butons next to the screen like the Yealink's but i love the pagable DSS screen. They sound good the are solid and have much less isues supporting them then our Yealink base.

I have used Grandstream phones and i hate them The Auto provison templates done seem to work correctly. And updating firmware on them was a nighmare.

gflow

Aug 25, 2019
We used Cisco SPA phones (ne Linksys, ne Sipura) for a lot of years, but because Cisco hates hardware that just works we've now moved to Yealink. Honestly we're very fond of the Yealink phones and prefer them to the Ciscos now.

Yealink has some phones that are a very low price point, I'd honestly move to them if I where you.

Was that even with the new GRP models?

bcmike

Jun 7, 2018
Was that even with the new GRP models?

Honestly I haven't had the opportunity to use a GRP model, but I've had so many problems with Grandstream phones in the pas that I'd be hesitant to go back.

Dan

Jul 23, 2017
The Grandstream GRP series has some very useful features, but the firmware is beta quality, and certain models like the GRP2613 will lock up and freeze randomly on firmware 1.0.3.6. Factory resetting helps sometimes, and the GRP2612 and GRP2615 appear to be unaffected by this issue. THe GRP series is much more sensitive to issues like only having 1 DNS server provided via DHCP and various other network minutia that a GXP2135, GXP2140 or GXP2170 would work just fine with.

Test firmware I have tried from Grandstream resolves the freezing on the GRP2613, but introduces a bug that breaks calling a number that routes through and oubound route back to your own server (say one client calling another client of yours). Quite troublesome :c

Edit: the latest alpha 1.0.5.9 firmware resolves the issues I have experienced on the GRP2613.

Last edited:

nktech1135

Dec 16, 2017
us

Hi.
I'm confused on which yealink phones are still being supported. Is there a doc somewhere that tells me this? And also, Where do you find cheap yealink phones?

Status
Not open for further replies.