Announce calls over PA system

Status
Not open for further replies.

yukon

Oct 3, 2016
We have a large production facility and people are not normally at desks/near phones all the time. The plant manager wants us to announce incoming calls over the PA system.

Anyone have suggestions of how to do this?

bcmike

Jun 7, 2018
You could use a device like an Algo 8180 to make the announcement. I'm not sure how Fusion PBX handles paging though.

yukon

Oct 3, 2016
Thanks. we do have an existing PA. My question is more along the lines of how can I get it to "announce" the call over the PA? Ring group? Custom script? etc?

yukon

Oct 3, 2016
Yeah... or just something that would announce the call? I have tried adding it to a ring group and the PA system just auto answers the call.

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
Thanks. we do have an existing PA. My question is more along the lines of how can I get it to "announce" the call over the PA? Ring group? Custom script? etc?
The PA-1 has up to 3 "lines" to register with. You can set one line to auto answer for paging, and another line for ringing. Add the second line to a ring group to have paging system ring.

taptech

Mar 6, 2017
Hopping onto this one and also have a snom PA1. It can auto answer, be paged, or play multicast. I think the best thing in my scenario would be to page the device from the PBX and play a recording, then hang up. How to do that, I don't know. The PA1 has different ringers but unfortunately can't seem to upload a custom one.

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
A "Cyberdata SIP Paging Adapter" has options to upload wav files for pre recorded announcements but if double or triple the price of a Snom PA1.

Fusion can play wav files to a page group but is only documented in the admin training docs at this time.

taptech

Mar 6, 2017
Thank you ad5ou. I actually just signed up for continuing education yesterday, and Mark showed me that line of code. Very good timing! Working on testing it out now.

taptech

Mar 6, 2017
I think this is a good way to accomplish this- create a ring group where the Snom PA1 needs to confirm the call. Instead of "press 1 to answer" recording, use your own custom recording. The PA1 will pickup the call but it'll never press 1 to answer it, and the PBX will move onto the next endpoint in the ring group.

yukon

Oct 3, 2016
I think this is a good way to accomplish this- create a ring group where the Snom PA1 needs to confirm the call. Instead of "press 1 to answer" recording, use your own custom recording. The PA1 will pickup the call but it'll never press 1 to answer it, and the PBX will move onto the next endpoint in the ring group.
Yeah but how do you replace the "press 1 to answer" recording?

taptech

Mar 6, 2017
The option doesn't exist in the FusionPBX gui. I made a custom dialplan for it.
When the person at the frontdoor pushes the button, it plays the "Welcome to xxx" recording, and then calls the Snom Pa1.
The Snom PA1 picks up the call automatically, and the PBX sends the "Front door" recording.
The Snom PA1 never pushes the button to accept the call, and the PBX gives up after the 12 second timeout.
The PBX sends the call to the 333 destination which is a ring group of regular phones.
dialplan.PNG

Reactions: yukon
Status
Not open for further replies.