Announce Sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgcps

Jul 14, 2019
I am trying to setup a wav file to play every 20 seconds however I don't know off hand what the exact path to the wave file is for the "Announce Sound" field. The file is currently uploaded to the recordings app/module. Can anyone help me out with this?

Dee

Jun 7, 2019
Hi Everyone - I need some help as I am having the same issue finding the wave path for the annouce sound.

Any ideas please?

KonradSC

Mar 10, 2017
See if your "find" command works on a known file.

Also, Recordings uploaded from the web interface typically live somewhere in /var/lib/freeswitch/recordings/.

Dee

Jun 7, 2019
Thanks for your help.

However, both options don't seem to work. The sound is not announced.

I suspect the path is not location the correct file or something.

KonradSC

Mar 10, 2017
Interesting...if the file isn't on the file system then you aren't going to hear anything. You need to upload the file, find the file on the file system and enter the full path in the "Announce Sound" field.

Dee

Jun 7, 2019
Yea - the file is in the system under recordings and i can see and play the file in fusionpbx recordings

I used the var path:

/var/lib/freeswitch/recordings/audio.wav

There must be a way to get the file path and use it in announce sound

KonradSC

Mar 10, 2017
So when you put " /var/lib/freeswitch/recordings/audio.wav" in the box it doesn't work?

Perhaps check the file permissions. Should be owned by 'www-data'.

Dee

Jun 7, 2019
Thanks. it doesnt work when i put " /var/lib/freeswitch/recordings/audio.wav" in the box it doesn't work?
I shall check the permission

Thanks

Dee

Jun 7, 2019
Finally sorted it. i was missing the domain name in the path.

Full path should have been : " /var/lib/freeswitch/recordings/domainname/audio.wav"

Dee

Jun 7, 2019
Thanks for your help
Hope somebody else find this useful. Now my call centre can play the announce sound based on the frequency set

Status
Not open for further replies.