Anonymous on Outbound Caller ID Number field

Status
Not open for further replies.

albert-g

Aug 11, 2020
Hello,
I installed latest FusionPBX 5.1.0 RC1, and faced one issue related to extensions. When I tried to set "Outbound Caller ID Number" as "Anonymous" on extension, its not saving, and just disappearing after save, when I trying with any number it's working.

1687783383593.png

Before that I have version 4.5.20 and never had this problem. Can someone suggest what can be the issue, maybe need to activate some setting to be able to set Anonymous as Outbound Caller ID Number ?

P.S. The installation is on clean Debian 11, and all other things seems good, only this part is not working. In the meantime I was able to set Anonymous on "Effective Caller ID Number" and "Emergency Caller ID Number"

whut

Dec 23, 2022
I am guessing the field is only allowing numbers. Test numbers and a mix of numbers and letters to verify.

albert-g

Aug 11, 2020
I am guessing the field is only allowing numbers. Test numbers and a mix of numbers and letters to verify.
Yes numbers is working , but the thing is that on some extensions I need Anonymous, how can I make it done on this version? Because as I said on 4.x.x it was fine.

whut

Dec 23, 2022
You have a couple of options then. You could edit the php to allow alpha-numeric. I would not recommend this as this will cause you extra work each time you run updates. You could edit an outbound route to set caller id name to 'Anonymous'. Or you could invoke the call_privacy dialplan.

albert-g

Aug 11, 2020
You have a couple of options then. You could edit the php to allow alpha-numeric. I would not recommend this as this will cause you extra work each time you run updates. You could edit an outbound route to set caller id name to 'Anonymous'. Or you could invoke the call_privacy dialplan.
About options:
1. I don't like this too, because I don't want to hardcode anything in the code.
2. I thought about this, but in that case I will not be able to set specific outbound number on some extension, and will be forced to create another outbound route.
3. Can you pls little describe what is this and how can I work with this option?

whut

Dec 23, 2022
1. Changing the PHP would not be hard coding "anonymous" but increasing the allowed characters. 1 through 0, a through z type of thing where it appears to be one through zero now.
2. You could make an outbound dial plan like: If outbound CID number is blank then bouncy ID number = effective CID number. Or a value that you put in the account code field, or some other variable / value.
3. Go to dial plan manager in the menu and search for privacy. Dial the code, *67 I think, followed by the number you are calling. It will strip CID information from the call. CID name and number I think. Just been a long time since I've tried it.

With stir and shaken in place can you make calls with the privacy dialplan? IDK. That is a good question for someone who has a great understanding and experience with stir/shaken.

Status
Not open for further replies.