Api integration with Microsoft Power BI , whats involved?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdmonsey

Jul 23, 2019
Have a new customer asking me if integration with Microsoft power bi is possible ( Power bi )
Anyone with experience on this subject?

MTR

Oct 25, 2017
Have a new customer asking me if integration with Microsoft power bi is possible ( Power bi )
Anyone with experience on this subject?
I am not understanding the question are you looking for API for power BI or Fusionpbx?
What kind of API calls are you looking for I might be able to help but will need more details

bdmonsey

Jul 23, 2019
Customer wants to pull cdr's thru api
The way I saw it working was with access thru posgres sql
So how do I give access to my customer via api for them to pull cdr's?
Will that give them access to their sub domain or they will have access to all my customers ?

Scubadave112

Jan 24, 2020
could become a purple member and then you will have the official REST API. Although I don't see specific doc on pulling CDR but Mark is pretty responsive and u get 3 hours a month with that membership, so i am sure he could do this for you. The only reason i mention this is cause I have been reading through a bunch of the API docs and he has some really cool stuff built into it now.

Scubadave112

Jan 24, 2020
@bdmonsey I just realized this from what little i have done in past with BI, why do you want to use an API? why not create a secure readonly postgres user. Can't BI just pull the data directly and securely and u can create ACLs for the IPs that will pull.

Oddly I just had a client request Advanced reporting with visuals, top called numbers in various easy to manipulate visual graphs so I was thinking I can use BI, embed this into my WP site and charge the customers who want this another monthly fee for advanced reporting. So I am watching BI videos now to get refresher and will dive into this over the next couple weeks, so if you want to colab or anything feel free to HMU

Scubadave112

Jan 24, 2020
Sad that this whole thing went silent, So I decided to just connect power BI to postgres and gotta say I am pulling some really impressive visuals, I will post final results when done, with postgres as a data source I can't justify why you would need an API, I think we should have a thread dedicated to this as it is really impressive how easy powerBI is to use and the visuals it provides

Reactions: DavidDec
Status
Not open for further replies.