Are dynamic extensions possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Incred

Jun 25, 2023
Most of our clients run a single Call Centre during business hours with static agents.

One medical client has requested the ability to have a rostered-on doctor receive after-hours calls on their mobile. As the rostered-on doctor will change from day to day the client needs to be able to change the destination for the after-hours calls.

The doctors who will share this roster will not change too often so we could have a static pool, if this makes it easier, however, I am unsure of how best to have the manager activate and deactivate members of the pool.

Thanks in advance...

voipguy87

Aug 28, 2023
Our medical clients and others that need 24/7 on-call usually use a third party solution to make sure it gets answered as we don't trust the PBX, even with all the correct routing configured, to make sure the call is answered or the voicemail is received. We have used both automated solution like OpsGenie (we use this in-house as well) or an actual live on-call answering service. These services will make sure the call or voicemail is acknowledged by a live person or try other people methods until someone takes the call. They also manage the schedule and provide reporting.

If your need is less critical and a on-call queue is sufficient, I think you will need to change it manually or develop a script to update the queue using the FreeSwitch or Fusion APIs.

whut

Dec 23, 2022
You could use call flows. That requires someone to dial the call flow code to change the flow of calls.

You could also use time conditions.

Incred

Jun 25, 2023
You could use call flows. That requires someone to dial the call flow code to change the flow of calls.

You could also use time conditions.
OK, Call Flows sounds worth exploring.

With Call Flows is there any way for someone to dial a code and then enter the destination phone number that the call flow will call?

Maybe use "Follow Me"?

I am going to use a Time Condition and an IVR, i.e.
"Hi we are closed but press 5 to accept the fees and be connected to the after-hours doctor."

whut

Dec 23, 2022
The admin defines what the call flow destinations are. I do not see that a user could select a destination.

Status
Not open for further replies.