Attendant transfer and callerID update

Status
Not open for further replies.

sander4000

May 4, 2019
When transfering a call from a to b, i want to update the callerid so it shows the original callerid.
i see that other people are asking this but never seen aan answer, this is not possible with fanvil phones?...
i can see answers from 3cx users the seem to work for them...

KonradSC

Mar 10, 2017
This works for me.

Do you have <action application="set" data="ignore_display_updates=true"/> set in your dialplan for the call? It should be not be in there or it should be set to FALSE. I suggest reviewing the SIP signalling to see if updates are sent the phone. That way you can see if it is a FreeSWITCH issue or a Fanvil issue.

JamesBorne

Jan 24, 2019
Australia
TL;DR: http://www.fanvil.com/Uploads/Temp/download/20180920/5ba381d4189e5.pdf

I don't know jack about Fanvil, but I can tell you how to resolve this on a Yealink phone.
The phone parses headers/fields on a hierarchy to determine what number to display on the screen.

Yealink phone has a factory default of (1) FROM, which will display the number of the extension transferring.
Changing the setting called "Caller ID Source" to (2) RPID-PAI-FROM will prioritise the RPID source, failing that PAI source, and lastly use the FROM if neither are available.
1568759961317.png

The attached guide seems to be exclusively to answer the question I answered.
Here is an excerpt from the Fanvil guide of the same setting just in case the link breaks:

1568760267813.png

vespaman

Jul 28, 2017
our yealink phones have caller id source "from"
our fanvil phones have caller id header "pai-rpid-from"
on transfer the external caller-id is carried through.
do you have the caller id in from set to "true" in your advanced gateway settings ?

vespaman

Jul 28, 2017
No. My internal sip profile also has the same 3 caller-id types all set to false.
I have seen others with caller id issues that have been fixed by changing the caller_id_in_from setting, in the gateway > advanced, to true.
You would then also need to stop and restart the gateway.

sander4000

May 4, 2019
i tried this setting "caller_id_in_from" set to true and restarted the gateway with no luck.
I also tried this with freepbx and it works without any problems straight out of the box...
any suggestion is helpfull...

Status
Not open for further replies.