audio problem and calls drop after a while on asterisk based telephony system

Status
Not open for further replies.

gemini

Jan 12, 2018
hi,

I have an asterisk based telephony system running on centos 6.x ( esxi ) , there are IP PBX, mediant on the system.

there is a problem on calls, calls drop after a while, cli says restransmission, provider warning, some of user blocked by the system , system runs sometimes slowly too, we can not send fax too, smtp mail does not work sometimes.

any idea? firewall, nat, configuration solutions would be appriciated too.

b. regards

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
With all of those different things giving you problems, there must be an underlying cause; you may have some intermittent network connectivity issues or a general poor or slow connection. I would look at the network for problems, there are lots of Linux tools out there to help you.

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
Judging by the questions you ask, it sounds like you have a steep learning curve ahead of you but I will try to help.
Here are a few tools you may find helpful (there are many, many more), but you will need to gain knowledge of the switches to use, and how to interpret any results:

ping: check if target host is accessible, you can also change the packet size to stress the connection a little.
nmap: information about what’s running on network hosts, what ports are open or filtered.
ngrep: inspect data packets, very useful for text based protocols like SIP.
tcpdump: analyse traffic to or from to your server or capture traffic between two or more endpoints, pcap files can be viewed in Wireshark.
wireshark: see tcpdump.
iperf: assess the bandwidth available between two computers.
netcat: send and receive network traffic.
dig: diagnostics for all DNS related issues.
netstat: displays network connections for the Transmission Control Protocol, routing tables, and a number of network interface and network protocol statistics.

And closer to home...

ifconfig: get information about network interfaces (now replaced by the ip command in some distributions, but still available to install).
dmesg: get information of how the O/S kernel sees your hardware and drivers.
iptables: examine firewall rules.

The command I probably use the most in diagnosing SIP issues is ngrep -W byline -td any . port 5060
This will capture all SIP packages on 5060 on all interfaces

I hope this gives you a start, you will probably have some reading to do :)

gemini

Jan 12, 2018
thanks for your response, sometimes system gives on asterisk cli : retransmission warning and provider can not initialize itself.
on the network , it gives : there is rtnetlink files already
and If I want to send mail, it says it sent , but it did not.
thank you helpful messages.I will look.

yours sincerily

gemini

Jan 12, 2018
hi again,
some dmesg outputs that I wonder:

i801_smbus 0000:00:1f.3: can't derive routing for PCI INT C
ERST: Error Record Serialization Table (ERST) support is initialized.
pci 0000:16:00.0: can't claim BAR 6 [mem 0xfffe0000-0xffffffff pref]: no compatible bridge window
pci 0000:16:00.0: [Firmware Bug]: VPD access disabled
audit: initializing netlink socket (disabled)
[Firmware Bug]: No valid trip found

my hosts file :

127.0.0.1 localhost localhost.localdomain localhost4 localhost4.localdomain4
::1 localhost localhost.localdomain localhost6 localhost6.localdomain6

do I need add my host here ?

nmap sT ip gave 587 and some ports closed ?
I can not open it via iptables , why does system not take iptables rules? what is overriding it?

netstat results for 25
tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:25 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN
tcp 0 0 ::1:25 :::* LISTEN

emailserver does not work properly and isp follow extra very long path for dns records. there are at least extra 3 hops.
b.regards,

regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.